BowTech Carbon icon

Mossy

WKR
Anybody have experience with these? I like the listed weight of 3.2lbs, I've had a Tomkat but been out of the archery game for a few years. There's a bare bow locally for $450.....

• Banned
OP
M

Mossy

WKR
I guess I should have done a little research first....been reading that Bowtech has been having some issues with their limbs the past couple years? Anyone know if the Icon falls into the issue pile?

I have the carbon knight which is basically the same bow. Its been a good bow. Pretty fast and holds its tune. The grip is weird but I have gotten used to it.

SnapT

Lil-Rokslider
My younger brother has one and loves it . It came as a kit ie black gold sight , stab etc . He is going to upgrade the black gold but thinks highly of the bow fwiw .

I shot one while in the process of buying a new bow and wouldn't say anything bad about it. I too was a little afraid of the limb issues but if you take into consideration the fact that they probably sold 20000 bows and most likely had limb issues with 50 of them I think you will be fine.

The Internet has a way of exaggerating the bad and great. Perfectly acceptable and repeatable rarely gets a mention.

If you shoot it and like it then I wouldn't let a small percentage of limb issues get in your way but you are aware of them and that can factor into your decision if you choose

T43

Lil-Rokslider
I've been shooting a carbon overdrive since it came out. Packing it all day is nice and it always gets attention at a chronograph. It slings 490gr FMJs at 292 fps at max poundage and only drops them to 276 fps cranked down to 60 lbs. I'm not sure how they stayed under the radar but it's an awesome bow.

OP
M

Mossy

WKR
I picked it up and I think I'll be happy with it. Light and balanced; now I have to outfit it and hope it stays light....

Any updates from those of you with this bow? Any new people been shooting one and have any thing to say about it. There is a used one for sale here all set up for $450. What are these selling for?

elkdog

Lil-Rokslider
I have had zero issues with my Icon. Shoots good and pulls very smooth.

big44a4

WKR
No issues nearly 4 years on a knight. Holds tune extremely well. Grip is something, but get used to it. For me it's too light in the wind compared to heavy tankers but any bow is a challenge in the wind. Back bar helped a lot to add weight and balance out quiver for me. Great shooter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

semperfidelis97

Lil-Rokslider
I bought one new here about six months ago with the premium package. I think I paid about a thousand bucks, but it was money well spent in my opinion. Hoyt was my go to brand for years, but after shooting the carbon icon I had to make the switch.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

I just picked one up tonight, got the rak package. It is my first new bow/modern bow. Wow is it smooth!

kjeremy2

FNG
i know this thread is kind of old but i just bought a carbon icon at a show the other day and i couldnt believe how smooth and the arm fatigue wasnt there i felt like i could hold it full draw all day long, i cant wait to pick it up in a few weeks and start practicing with it.