Bowtech Insanity tuning issue

Luziana Feller

Lil-Rokslider
recently picked up a used Bowtech insanity cpxl, 70 lb limbs, rip cord rest, 28" draw. draw weight topped out at 68 lbs. the original owner was shooting 400 spine Easton Flatlines with 100 grain heads, factory insert.

i wanted to bump up FOC a little but nothing crazy. i picked up a few 300 spine BE Outlaws, 27" length, 42 grain brass insert, 100 grain heads. i picked up some of the screw in weights to work up the front end weight without being underspined. hoping to at least get 175-200 total front end weight.

in a block target, i shot the 400 spine flatlines, fletched and bare shaft, to check tune and it shot lights out at 10, 20 and 30 yards. i then shot the 300 spine outlaws bare shaft with 42 grain brass insert and 100 grain field point. at 10 yards the arrow was impacting nock right and at 20 it was much worse- about 2-3" nock right. i began bumping up point weight with the screw-in weights 172, 202 and 232 grains. trying to get the arrow to fly better. arrow flight just got worse as point weight climbed. impacting hard nock right. i even bumped up to 262 grains and still the same. i even tried torquing the bow grip left and right to see if it was me but both kept producing the same result.

i came back down to just the 42 grain insert and 100 grain field point and i started moving the rest 1/32 to the right and shooting 2-3 bare shafts, then repeating until it was clearly way out of tune. again, the issue did not improve. still sticking in target nock right. in my limited understanding of moving the rest i thought moving it to the right was the correct move? maybe i went the wrong way? i ran out of daylight so i put it up for the evening.

i probably won't be able to shoot for a couple days due to the forcasted typhoon rolling in. one thought i had was the original owners setup was underspined so they tuned the bow to shoot that 400 spine 28.5" arrow. thoughts anyone?

THANKS!

Set your center shot right down the pipe and make all your adjustments in the yoke legs.
Ive shot bowtechs for a long time, at the same spec 70/28. Im shooting 175 (350 day6) up front with no issues.
I would set the center shot, french tune to make sure your dead center and then add twists to yoke legs for final adjustments.
Any spine will fly out of that bow if the arrows is built correctly. whether its adjusting length of carbon, weight of points, inserts ect.

Shoot me a PM if you want.

jmez

WKR
What Cody said. Put the rest back at factory recommended center shot.

Put a full twist in both yokes on the R side and take one out of the left side.

OP
Luziana Feller

Luziana Feller

Lil-Rokslider
would that make the cam lean more right? because i did notice the top cam leans noticeably to the left- meaning the string leaves the cam and makes an apparent bend to the left

Huntin wv

Lil-Rokslider
You were moving the rest the wrong direction. But as has been said, leave your rest at center shot and use the yokes. Twisting the right side and untwisting the left will lean the cams more right. This will move the string to the right to match the rest instead of moving the rest left to match the string’s current location. Hope that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Luziana Feller

Luziana Feller

Lil-Rokslider
thanks for the replies everyone. i will head on down to my pro shop. i will report back when it's figured out.