Bowtech rpm 360 or ???

Kind of in a dilemma, I currently have a Bowtech rpm 360. I’ve had it a few years but haven’t shot any archery for a year. When I was shooting this bow every day I got pretty efficient with it to 80 yards but knew it wasn’t completely in tune. Lack of a good bow shop in town and I don’t have a bow press. So I’ve decided to get back into bow hunting and have been looking into all the new bows this year. Watched/read a lot of reviews and have decided the new Bowtech solution or the Mathews v3 are probably what I’m looking for in a bow. But for shits and giggles I pulled the rpm out of the case and blew the dust off of it and shot a few arrows tonight just to remind myself how it’s draw cycle felt and how it shot. I was pleasantly surprised by how smooth the draw feels for being an aggressive bow and how dead it feels in the hand after a shot. So my question is do these new bows shoot/feel that much better to justify the cost of a new bow? I’ll spend the money if it’s worth it but is it $1100 worth it? Or do I buy a bow press and get this thing in perfect tune and just shoot it?

Thess87

WKR
The new bows in the last 5-8 years haven’t changed much performance wise. They are all at a point where there borrowing from Peter to pay Paul. By that I mean to get one alittle faster it’s going to have more hand shock or pull harder. To be smoother it’s going to be slower etc.. if you like the feel of yours there is absolutely no reason to switch. Good luck

Kasch

FNG
I'm in the same boat. I really enjoyed shooting my RPM 360 and had it dialed in. I think I'm just going to put some new strings on it, get it tuned and let er eat!

H80Hunter

WKR
Yeah at this point, there’s some cool stuff like deadlock or the elite SET tuning method but essentially, you can get a 5” brace height around 350 IBO, a 6” brace height to 340 IBO or a 7” to 330 IBO. Anything much outside that range is sacrificing somewhere, or lying to you. That’s a generalization but I think it’s mostly true. As in, I bought a Halon 6 in 2016 that was an IBO of 343 and now I have a VXR 31.5 that also is a 6” brace and 343 IBO. I’m not saying there arent incremental improvements I enjoy on the VXR vs the Halon, but none of them has ever killed me a deer my old Halon wouldn’t have.

OP
coloradodrifter
Yeah the more I’ve shot my rpm these few days and diagnosed what I need to do to get in tune I’m just going to put new strings and cables on it and a new rest. Maybe next year I’ll buy a new one lol. Thanks for the reply’s.

JATails

FNG
I have a RMP 360 and went through the same thought process last season. I decided to get new strings and keep shooting as I'm still hitting where I aim. I know there are some nice bows on the market but I figured I'd upgrade pieces of my hunting equipment before putting the money towards a new bow. Still spending the money but on items that I "think" will be more beneficial. Good luck!

BucksNBulls

Lil-Rokslider
The New Solution is one sweet bow. It's basically the SR6 with the Dead Lock cam system. I own both bows and am really liking the Solution.