Bowtech sr6 vs vertix/triax

Cohunter9

FNG
Bowtech sr6 vs vertix/trial etc. looking for a new bow, gonna sample a few. Pros/cons? Ideas? Thanks in advance, I’ve been slinging arrows with the same bear bow for 20yrs, just thought it’s time for an upgrade.

SoDaky

WKR
Have owned all.Really like the SR6 but in hindsight,and strictly for the type of hunting I do primarily and my shortening draw length(now 27.5).I'd go Triax.Crazy but you asked.

Prefer the longer axle to axle, draw cycle, speed of SR6. Mathews will be quieter and deader at the shot. In general prefer longer axle to axle and brace height than any of them.

Raider_X

FNG
I shot both the other day before deciding on the Vertex. I like the draw better on it when compared to the SR6.

jmez

WKR
Don't know much about any of the above. I would wait a month before buying anything however. Both companies will be releasing new models shortly. Even if you aren't interested in the new models you'll save a couple hundred bucks on last year's as soon as the new ones hit the shelf.

I wouldn’t rule out the realm x. On comfort it is such a pleasure to draw and has a more forgiving brace height than the SR6 to go along with it.

I have started to find some brand new in the 700 dollar range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

as.ks.ak

WKR
Funny how we all place different values on different things. I shot the sr6, vertix, helix and rx3. Vertix was the first one I ruled out. Then in the end I left with the rx3. Liked the feel of the rx3 in my hand better than the sr6. And the helix had a twang to it after the shot- just wasn’t quite as smooth.

I’ll add that the rx3 at 84.3 lbs felt like my old insanity cpx at 70. Hurt my wallet, but it’ll serve me for quite a few years.

-or at least it had better!! Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gumbo

WKR
I would wait for the new Bowtech offerings to come out. If they put the deadlock cam system on a more hunter-oriented platform it will be awesome. I have a Reckoning and the system works great, kind of the best of both worlds in terms of tuning (shimming vs yokes). With it you have infinite adjustablity instead of being limited by half-twists to a yoke leg or shim sizes. It makes bareshaft/broadhead/paper tuning a breeze WITHOUT needing a press, meaning you can make tiny adjustments in real time at the range. The system is a winner for me so far.