Bowtech SS34 vs Prime Revex 6 vs PSE Mach 34

MtnBum

Lil-Rokslider
I recently shot the three. Interested in your guys thoughts on the three if you have one please enlighten me. I personally enjoyed the draw cycle on the ss34 with the revex 6 coming in second to my liking. The Mach 34 was a great bow to shoot but comes with a hefty price tag. Weight wise I feel that the revex 6 felt the lightest in my hand which is a plus for me and seemed to be easiest to hold back at full draw. I feel that I could hold the revex 6 at full draw for days compared to the other two bows. Right now I’m shooting a Mathew’s halon 32 with the fast Eddie xl and I love it but it is a clunky bow making it tough to hold at full draw for extended periods of time.

Have you played with your draw length?

I'd bet the revex was closest to your ideal DL and why it was felt better at full draw.

Or you had a big difference in holding weight.

Reactions: Zac
OP
MtnBum

MtnBum

Lil-Rokslider
Have you played with your draw length?

I'd bet the revex was closest to your ideal DL and why it was felt better at full draw.

Or you had a big difference in holding weight.
The prime was actually the shortest draw length of the three I shot. It was about an inch short of my draw length.

OP
MtnBum

MtnBum

Lil-Rokslider
Ya that may have been the case however my draw 31.5 so bigger than your average but I’ve shot the same bow the last five years so I guess shooting these newer bows just feels a little different lol.

sndmn11

WKR
Ya that may have been the case however my draw 31.5 so bigger than your average but I’ve shot the same bow the last five years so I guess shooting these newer bows just feels a little different lol.

If you are thinking of spending on a Mach 34, do any shops near you have the Elite Era?

OP
MtnBum

MtnBum

Lil-Rokslider
If you are thinking of spending on a Mach 34, do any shops near you have the Elite Era?
There’s one shop here that is an elite dealer and it’s our local sporting goods store. We’ve only got one archery pro shop so I’d like to support them but I’ll go check out the sporting goods store and see if they have the Era and shoot it if they do. Thanks for the recommendation

sndmn11

WKR
There’s one shop here that is an elite dealer and it’s our local sporting goods store. We’ve only got one archery pro shop so I’d like to support them but I’ll go check out the sporting goods store and see if they have the Era and shoot it if they do. Thanks for the recommendation
If you set it at the longest draw length and the highest let-off, you'll hit 31 5/8" draw length with the limb stops with little give.

If you want to hit 31.5, do the second to longest draw length and the cable stop with the highest let off.

The shop might tell you the max draw length is 31", but that is with the mini mod set at 80% which is about the middle of the range.

ndfb35

FNG
I've owned a SS34 and a couple Mach 34. The Mach 34 is the best bow I've ever owned. I shot a Revex 4 at 29" and for me the draw cycle was the worst of the three but its tough to make an accurate determination when it's 1.5" too short. The Bowtech is awesome to have for tuning but the Mach is a very close second. If your local shop is willing to deal, you can find new Mach 34s for $1400 in my area, so maybe he'll work with you on the price. Carbon bows seem to hold their value better. As someone who has owned a pile of bows from all makes the last 10 years, I'm biased towards PSE but all of the options you are looking at are solid offerings and it sounds like you enjoy the Prime the best.

OP
MtnBum

MtnBum

Lil-Rokslider
I've owned a SS34 and a couple Mach 34. The Mach 34 is the best bow I've ever owned. I shot a Revex 4 at 29" and for me the draw cycle was the worst of the three but its tough to make an accurate determination when it's 1.5" too short. The Bowtech is awesome to have for tuning but the Mach is a very close second. If your local shop is willing to deal, you can find new Mach 34s for $1400 in my area, so maybe he'll work with you on the price. Carbon bows seem to hold their value better. As someone who has owned a pile of bows from all makes the last 10 years, I'm biased towards PSE but all of the options you are looking at are solid offerings and it sounds like you enjoy the Prime the best.
Thanks I plan to go back and shoot the three again with them all set to the same poundage and draw length. If I could get the Mach 34 at $1400 that would make it a lot more appealing.

OP
MtnBum

MtnBum

Lil-Rokslider
If your local shop is willing to deal, you can find new Mach 34s for $1400 in my area, so maybe he'll work with you on the price.
What part of the state are you in? I’m in the kalispell.

cfuentes

FNG
I heard good things about the Mach 34 I recently came across a used Mach 1. Do you have any thoughts on the Mach 1?

ndfb35

FNG
I heard good things about the Mach 34 I recently came across a used Mach 1. Do you have any thoughts on the Mach 1?
I had four of them, and my SO and my dad still shoot them. I am 30.5-31" DL so the ATA of the Mach 1 is not as comfortable as the Mach 34, that is my only complaint with the bow.