Bowtech Support - Does it have to be this hard?

sndmn11

WKR
I've had same day resolutions with Bowtech on issues I caused and warranty issues every time. String serving isn't an issue at all, it is an item intended to be replaced after expected wear. That's why it is not a permanent part of the string. Same thing for fletchings when you get to the point of having when dinged up or torn off... it's not cause for your arrow manufacturer to send you new stuff.

If you tie any good nock point and/or d-loop, it is very likely you will get separation underneath those knots. This looks like the cause of your gaps, and if your at home now shop is in capable of reserving, then move the serving gap to beneath your d-loop and the issue will be no more.

I have the materials and tools to reserve... But that is my time and energy on a new string that should be "right". And it is not a skill I have practiced much to date.

It's kind of like you buying your latest [Kuiu, First Lite,...] greatest $500 jacket and then you realize they screwed the zipper sewing up on it. Their response is to re-sew it yourself. You can do it, but you didn't pay top dollar to do that....

I can resolve my own problem. As noted in the previous follow-up post, I already have new strings to put on it. Always do. But now if I want this to be my backup string as planned I have to reserve it or go buy another backup string.

And my point in posting this was not that I can not resolve this, but it is a completely bad business model for any business that has such premium cost of customer acquisition.

I think it would be more akin to resewing a button on, than fixing a zipper. Sure, I would be annoyed, but not trying to send the entire article of clothing back.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'm guessing that this was self-induced by some of your past threads:

If I was a bow company I wouldn't repair or replace the center serving under warranty on bows either.

jmez

WKR
All Bowtech bows come with a non-transferable lifetime warranty to the registered original owner. This warranty protects against any failures of the product due to defects in material or workmanship and does not include any damage due to abuse, misuse or modification to the bow’s design. The following exclusions apply. EXCLUSIONS Cables and strings,

See 5MilesBack post above for the reasoning behind this.

wapitibob

WKR
The gaps in the serving are from a loop and the bow being shot. Bowtech isn't going to send you new strings. If you don't want to reserve, slide the serving together with a fork. Better solution is to get some angel majesty and reserve.