Bowtech vs Hoyt

Rocky

WKR
What are your thoughts is the Carbon Element $300-$400 better than the Bowtech Experience? They are similar in axel to axel, draw weight, and weight (Bowtech 4.2 Hoyt 3.6). The Bowtech is also a faster shooting bow. Does anyone know which one is quiter?

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
My element is very quiet, I think that is one of their best features besides weight. It really comes down to ford vs Chevy thing IMO. Head down to the bow shop and shoot them both, find which one works for you.

Both are great manufactures. The BT might be a touch louder but to be honest you can't tell by just the bow. You need to put on your sight, quiver, ect. Either way neither will sound like a rifle. Best way for you to choose a bow is to put it in your hand and see how it feels. Grip to big to small. Draw both of them. One might have a harder wall that you might like. See how they both feel when you shoot them. Once you get to the level of quality it winds up being personal preference.

jmez

WKR
It is all going to come down to feel. All the companies bows/cam systems have a feel to them. You will like one better than the other, go with whichever feels best. Neither bow is going to be significantly different in the performance dept. You would need a decibel meter to see which is more quiet, real world it won't matter. It sounds like a generic answer but it really does come down to which feels better to you.

If the Element feels better and you can afford the bow then yes, IMO it is worth $3-$400 more. Every time you shoot you will be thinking that you should have bought the other one. Shoot them and pick one, can't go wrong either way.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hoyt customer service is the best. I love carbon but agree you should shoot both and then decide

Curtis C

WKR
I dont shoot either bow, but I did shoot the element a few times before buying a Mathews. The Element is a nice shooting bow with a noise level similar to the Mathews. Never shot the Bowtech so I cant comment on it.

shaun

WKR
I owned a bowtech insanity cpx and it does not hold a candle to the spyder turbo! To be honest I will never own another blotech again after I switched

Maxhunter

WKR
I've never owned a Bowtech but my buddy is a diehard fan. His bow is pretty quiet but it's mainly because he shoots a 450-460 grain arrow. He bought a new Destroyer 350 and had tuning issues and sold it and is now looking at getting a Hoyt or PSE.

I've owned two carbon Elements and can tell you they're extremely quiet. My 2013 Element with a Trophy Taker FC Smack-down pro rest is the quietest bow I've ever owned.

Do you have to have a carbon bow no, but if you can afford it with out putting yourself in financial bind by all means get one. Also like stated the Spyder 30 is another good choice.

Go to your local pro-shop and see which one you prefer.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
What are your thoughts is the Carbon Element $300-$400 better than the Bowtech Experience? They are similar in axel to axel, draw weight, and weight (Bowtech 4.2 Hoyt 3.6). The Bowtech is also a faster shooting bow. Does anyone know which one is quiter?

Hoyt would be my choice by far, because they never let you down in the field!

I'll give you an example... I've tried 4 bowtechs and ended up with:

Derailed/ blew up a D350

Broke 2 sets of limbs on a General

2 limbs on a 82nd

4 on the allegiance

I've never had an issue with a Hoyt breaking, and I've owned over 20 of them.

velvetfvr

WKR
I would go element. Bowtechs are nice but I feel you definitely sacrifice draw for speed. Plus I like lower let off.

ontarget7

WKR
Rocky you need to clear your PM's. Trying to return your PM but you are full. I will post it here since it is regarding these to bows

Man bro, those are 2 very good bows. My choice would be the Element for its over all weight and feel in the hand because I am a pack-in hunter.
I have owned several carbon Elements but honestly I am shooting the Spyder 30 this year and honestly like it more. They made a couple changes in the Spyder series that the carbon does not have. It will have a smoother draw and holds peak weight for less time through the draw cycle. They lowered the grip and this improved vertical nock travel. Then they also widened the limb pockets and made for more stability in lateral nock travel. Don't over look this one when shopping.

Shane

OR Archer

WKR
Id take a Spyder 30 over the Element. Id also take an Element over any BT and twice again on Sunday.

Whisky

WKR
I liked the Spyder 30 over the Element as well.....I went with the 34 however.