Boxer briefs similar to black ovis??

young7.3

WKR
Im looking for boxer briefs that are similar in fit to the black ovis briefs. Something that is a merino blend and goes mid thigh or just above the knee. Im getter about 3 year of use out of the black ovis before holes are showing. Has anyone tried the nonhunting brands like meundies and similar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
Really like the two pairs of smart wool boxer briefs I picked up last season. I used the hell out of them form Alaska to AZ and they been holding up well.

Hondo

WKR
I haven't had any luck with merino boxer briefs from non-hunting brands. Have some older First Lite Dobson ones that are still holding up well and the newer First Lite Wick Long boxer briefs. Just added another Wick Long to my First Lite order yesterday. They are on sale until the end of the day.

Deli

Lil-Rokslider
The first lite ones are on sale today. Considering picking some up. Been keeping an eye on the woolly long boxer briefs on Amazon but haven't pulled the trigger due to complaints about long term quality. Subbed with the hope people will have some recommendations.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Gettincloser

Lil-Rokslider
How are the Meriwool working out for you now? I bought 5 or 6 pair a year ago. They have a 12 month warranty. 1 pair got holes at 11 months, 2 pair at 12 months and 2 pair around 13 months. Only 1 or 2 pair left in rotation from the original batch. They do not seem to last as long as they used too...

I was going to get some ex officio but I see the same thing popping up in reviews on thier website. Not as durable as they used to be...

I will give the black ovis brand a try.

OP
young7.3

young7.3

WKR
Im about to toss the original pairs of black ovis. The weak spot is in the bottom of the crotch. I bought a few replacements several months ago. Havent tried anything else

MattB

WKR
Not directly addressing your inquiry, but Ex Officio makes great boxer briefs in varying lengths. Not merino but pretty stink-free.

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve used all of them I like the first lite boxers for hunting. I like the Sitka silk weight boxers a lot but they stopped making them. My exo are ok, I like the black ovis but if you have an ass then they ride down like a plumber same with kuiu boxers. Now I’m using the badlands Algus boxers got 6 pair been using them for just over a year and zero problems great for hot weather I also have there merino blend ones they are nice as well. After reading this ima give the saxx a try…

justins71

FNG
I have some Eizniz off Amazon that I'm pretty sure are a knock-off but they've been the best I've tried! I have Meriwool, Duluth (non-merino), and SmartWool. The Smartwool are ok, the Meriwool seem to just be to flat all-around, they bunched up all over when hiking (basically moving legs more than plain walking).

Gettincloser

Lil-Rokslider
Im about to toss the original pairs of black ovis. The weak spot is in the bottom of the crotch. I bought a few replacements several months ago. Havent tried anything else

That is disappointing. Just pulled the trigger on 2 pair of black ovis lastnight.

ofl0926

WKR
I’ve used under armour (very durable), exofice (wash on delicate and they are surviving) and now using Lululemon. By far the comfort leave on Lululemon is amazing. I love the fit and feel. I use them to also train at my CrossFit gym and they don’t ride up. I like them a lot

Gettincloser

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve used under armour (very durable), exofice (wash on delicate and they are surviving) and now using Lululemon. By far the comfort leave on Lululemon is amazing. I love the fit and feel. I use them to also train at my CrossFit gym and they don’t ride up. I like them a lot

I am not familiar with Lululemon. I will have to look into them as well. Lost another pair of Meriwool today at 15 months. Thier socks are very comfortable but again, not great life expectancy. I am not going back to Meriwool.

Tha KS for all the new brands to try out.

I know you asked about Merino but I love my UnderArmour long boxer briefs.
They fit like biking shorts and have a fly, which apparently is an oversight by a lot of manufacturers.
Synth works great for me and doesn't wear out.

amassi

WKR
Although ludicrously expensive the first lite game bag are the most comfortable briefs I've ever worn.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Gettincloser

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the ideas guys. I have not looked much into synthetics but like the odor resistance of Merinowool.

Yes, the fly is a must. Almost defeats a perk of being a guy with no fly.