Boxer briefs under merino bottoms???

280Ackley

WKR
I was planning on buying some merino boxer briefs and that got me thinking. Do most guys wear underwear under their merino bottoms? I always have but not sure it’s necessary.

rob86jeep

WKR
Nope, as long as you won't need to take off the merino long johns during the day due to heat. There's no difference between the length so why would you wear something underneath?

Tbone58

Lil-Rokslider
I like the saxx merino wool. Helps with wicking away moisture. Just another base layer is how i see it. Never really thought about not doing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattB

WKR
I like the Ex Officio for boxer briefs (synthetics). They offer the relatively stink free aspect of wool but move moisture better

BAKPAKR

WKR
I wore the Smartwool boxer briefs on a couple of backpack hunts last year. I thought they worked great.

Savage99

WKR
ExOfficio is the winner for me. It’s all I wear. First layer always. I set an alert with a price tracking site for amazon and also Costco had a limited run of inventory 3/$25 last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKBorn

WKR
Ex Officio boxer briefs under long john bottoms here as well. Wick moisture away from body, dry fast, keep long johns cleaner.

TexasCub

WKR
Synth briefs under longs. Pretty common to start your day with sub freezing temps and have it be 65-70 by the afternoon. Gotta shed them layers.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I never even knew what monkey butt was until I tried those ex-officio synthetic boxer briefs. Went right back to merino under my merino base bottoms and all is well again.

I like them. Better support and if I ditch the long johns I am not commando. FWIW I tend to favor zip off base layer bottoms (currently kuiu).

my fav boxer briefs are Sitka and the mesh type from under armor or ex officio.

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
banana hammock... gotta stay as ultralight as possible 😆

OK not really.... I've always worn cotton boxer briefs or synthetic compression shorts, but that's just for day hunts.

gelton

WKR
I've always used ex officio exclusively but just picked up a couple pair of merino boxer briefs from FL...man they are soft and feel great, I have put them away for hunting use only though as I am concerned for their longevity with multiple washes.

I wear merino boxer briefs under merino long underwear. Synthetics would be fine as well. Going commando would be better than cotton.

Poser

WKR
I wear my daily synthetic boxer briefs for overnighter a and weekend trips. Anything longer than 2 nights and the merino boxers come out.

I always wear my merino boxers when hunting. I may or may not wear a base layer.

Earlier this year I was hunting Coues in MX. Some of us were helping glass for another hunter who had not yet tagged out. One day, late morning, I looked to my right. The hunter was bent over and removing clothes. He was not wearing underwear under his base layer. This hunter was also up there in years and gravity was unkind. That was a most unpleasant site.

Do not be that guy.