Boxers and socks

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
I would say I am not a huge fan of underwear, to the point I haven't worn a pair in about 20 years outside of long johns or if I get two hot then I cut long johns into short johns, but that would be the extent. I got a sheep hunt in early September and thinking this might be the time to bring a pair or two. I have no idea what to buy but comfort is the upmost importance to me.

Also looking for some good socks for a sheep hunt.

Thanks for the help fellas.

HunterZ

FNG
I like my darn tough’s for socks but don’t like the exofficio boxers as the waistband never lasts. I have switched to REI brand or black Ovis for briefs.

OP
R

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
I never knew buying socks would be so complicated. Looking at darn tough and they seem to have a lot of awesome socks but not sure what I should be looking at for hunting/hiking

Lorpen light hiker socks from camofire or black ovis. Darn tough 1403 or 2012, 2011. I like first lite mtn compression.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

jhm2023

WKR
I own several different types of Darn Tough socks but my new favorite is the Darn Tough function 5 over the calf sock. They are the cat's meow for sure. I wear one pair and carry another pair as well as a pair of hunter over the calf extra cushion in case my feet get cold.

Bassman

Lil-Rokslider
Darn tough merino hunters are great socks, highly recommend. For boxers, I have been very impressed with the Black Ovis 50/50 blend. Despite really liking the fabric, my Sitka weight silk boxers did not fit me as well and caused some chaffing

Unclemoe

FNG
I will second what everyone else said about darn tough, they make one hellava sock im slowly buying more and more replacing them as my daily sock on top of backpacking and hunting sock.

I also use first lite merino boxers and like them

arwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
Merino boxers, anti-monkey butt powder and darn tough #1405 socks are the way to go.

Exofficio boxers. First lites chaff me in less than a day. Darn tough socks are nice but I prefer Gore socks

bmf0713

WKR
Under armour boxer jock. I have been wearing these for 5 years and I have not had monkey butt since I switched to them. I threw away everything else I own. I will never wear cotton again. I like my Lorien, ice breaker and dark tough socks.

muddydogs

WKR
If you haven't worn underwear in 20 years why start now especially looking at shorts that cost way more then a pair of underwear should cost? Theres a lot to be said for some of the newer gear on the market but $40 + for a pair of underwear is just plan ridiculous.