Boyd’s Gunstock - Steyr SBS

AGPank

WKR
I received a Steyr Professional in 300 Winchester magnum with the set triggers as a gift when I was a teenager. I love the gun, but rarely shoot it. The gun has sentimental value and is mainly relegated to the safe.

After college (20 years ago) Steyr released the SBS version. I thought it would provide me with a more functional twin to my other Steyr. I picked one up, sighted it in, but never like the synthetic stock on the gun. I later moved to Florida and haven’t shot either gun in years. Earlier this year I decided to see how I could breathe new life into my existing collection of guns.

I searched online and found Boyd’s gunstocks. I sent them a message and they confirmed they made stocks for the Steyr SBS. Before making the leap on that gun I tried one for my Benjamin Discovery PCP 17.
1a1ee5a22c213a4e4de551c89766862e.jpg

I picked the SS Evolution in forest camo.
11cee06c0cefe60fb2d151f7df8d2024.jpg

I was really pleased with the fit and finish on my air rifle and finally decided on stock shape and color for the Steyr. I selected the nutmeg in the prairie hunter.

09c97c7f83a337e4c2ee209bd5e8556a.jpg

52bdf4d1783487c6e88346da8f78ff98.jpg

I also selected the scale laser engraving. I hadn’t even opened the safe at my sisters where I keep the gun in Colorado in a few years. When I opened up the safe I was nervous when I realized the synthetic stock had an integral trigger guard. I didn’t see any mention of how this was addressed when I ordered the stock. Fortunately Boyd’s provided a synthetic material trigger guard. The only thing I had to due was trim a screw that held the back of the trigger guard in place by about a thread.

The stock gives the gun a much better look in my opinion.

I’m very pleased with the product and prices from Boyd’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hootybob

FNG
I just wondered if you still liked your Boyd stocks? I just purchased the At-one thumbhole stock in forest camo for my rifle. They sure look sharp!

OP
A

AGPank

WKR
I have been pleased with the finish of these stocks. I’m sure they would benefit from an action bedding.

I haven’t shot the 300 yet. The rifle is at my dads in Colorado and I didn’t have time the last trip and haven’t been back since.

The rifle sure felt better with the laminate vs the composite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hootybob

FNG
I also have a 300 wm that this stock is going onto. Never had looked into having a stock bedded, but have been watching and reading a lot into it after reading some forums that suggest it using this stock.

LCsmith

Lil-Rokslider
@AGPank I know this is an old thread, but do you know the weight difference between the synthetic Steyr stock vs. the boyds?