boyds stock experience?

dang, what would you say is the main contributor to weight?
I may not do bottom metal and just shoot lowly 200gr bullets to save a bit of that weight penalty lol
It is definitely my barrel. I went with a 26" heavy Sporter

I like it, and like it even more because it didn’t cost Vudoo money. My practice 22LR (since I seem to never end up going to NRL22 matches) is a Savage Mark II BSEV, it came in a Boyd’s evolution stock, but I restocked it into an adjustable Pro-Varmint. Bushnell LRHSi, Nightforce 20moa rail and rings, added an Area419 Arcalock rail like my centerfire match rifles since the pic below, and since went to a Sav-Rat trigger. It shoots small as I need. Not as smooth and mags are a pain compared to the top end 700 footprint 22LR’s out there, but it could be a lot worse for what I ask it. I take it out to 325 regularly (length of my “backyard” range).

This is my wife practicing the PRS Speed Skills stage at 100yrds on 3” gongs.
View attachment 163138

A better photo, after I’d done some offhand, standing practice, with the Fortune Cookie under my elbow and the hasty sling. 150yrds offhand standing, needed to add a couple tenths to my dope, but I kept them all from slipping off the bottom of the plate. Just. But just.

View attachment 163139

It shoots about as small as I’m able with a 22LR from a bipod. This was Eley Club (not sorted) at 50yrds.
View attachment 163140
What's the LOP on the rifle your wife's shooting? Thinking of putting a Savage .270 in one of their stocks for my wife to shoot...she's about 5'6"...

Varminterror

Lil-Rokslider
What's the LOP on the rifle your wife's shooting? Thinking of putting a Savage .270 in one of their stocks for my wife to shoot...she's about 5'6"...

That stock is fit for me, a little shorter than some folks might light, relatively for my size, but it’s 13 3/4”. She’s slighter built than I, naturally, but longer arm and neck, proportionately, so we tend to fit similar LOP’s pretty nicely.

For your wife, have her hold her hand slightly deviated toward the pinky, in a natural feeling trigger position for hand and trigger finger, measure from the crook of her elbow to the tip of her bent finger. You’ll be quite close.

OP
Blaw

Blaw

WKR
Well there it is, PT&G bottom metal, and an MDT AIC mag, kohntrol clamp on brake, kydex cheek rest, egw base, vortex precision rings, and bubble.
with out bypod I am around 11-12lbs, kinda torn, like the calibre as its a do-all, but miss my 6.5lb 308.....swfa scopes in mil/mil are so sweet as well!

rem783.jpg