Bozeman Area Vacation

Alchemy

WKR
Wife and I are flying into BZN on wednsday September 9th and staying thru Sunday.

Looking for some local's ideas on what to do:
We plan on Hiking
Would like to take a half day rafting trip
Eat/Drink
Where to stay? We like B&B's, AirBNB's over chain hotels
Would like to stay downtown for 2 days to get the wife some time in downtown then would like to rent a cool cabin far off in the hills for a couple nights.
I plan on going to Schnees, any other cool shops? Archery, guy stuff, etc......

bwhntMT

Lil-Rokslider
The Cateye Cafe has some good breakfast options. Their french toast is pretty special. Cool little place too.
Not sure what your backpack situation or preferences are, but Stone Glacier is there, and I believe Mystery Ranch.

hunterjmj

WKR
Kenetrek is a cool store with lots of sheep mounts. We have Sportsmans warehouse but it's basically void of product. Western cafe on main is a great place for breakfast, Montana Ale works is good food with lots of beer choices. Be prepared to wait for anything downtown with restaurant seating slashed and mask nazis everywhere.

FLAK

WKR
IMO the Cateye was a POS, would never go back. Try the Noah or Western Cafe for breakfast , Montana Aleworks for a Bison Burger, or a Bison steak at Teds Grill. Great pizza at McKenzie River Pizza.
The Museum was good, Hiked the "m" Trail along with several others around, cant remember the names. Dont forget Sportsmans. Ted Turners ranch for wildlife viewing.

I stayed in Bozeman 1 night last year on our way home from an elk hunt. Gotta got to Granny's donuts and take some home with you....more than likely they won't make it home. We are at Ted's too which was pretty good

Werty

WKR
As a local
Breakfast- mama macs
Lunch- Best burger
Dinner- Stacy's "true western bar" or Mcalister Inn " its a drive"
The M trail was good,now itt just smells like dog$#@!.
Better book how, this place is busy

ELKhunter60

Lil-Rokslider
I second Western Café for breakfast!! Schnee's is cool. Lot's of micro brewery's all over. Best Burger for lunch. The Hot Spring in 4 Corners is pretty cool (at night). Bow shops in Bozeman are pretty typical. Nothing special. Any rafting company down by Big Sky will be good. Float the Gallatin if you want some decent rapids! The Madison if you just want a chill rafting experience. I was there in July. Be back the same weekend you will be there to head out for an archery elk hunt with my son. He lives there. Have a great time! Bozeman is awesome!

Elk97

WKR
Bozeman is a good place to eat, shop,etc, but it's a busy city with bad traffic. Personally, I wouldn't set foot in "Teds" or go to his ranch (major problem with his bitch of a wife) but will second the Western for breakfast. Lots of breweries, haven't found a bad one yet. I assume you'll have a car so I'd suggest driving down to Big Sky, beautiful canyon and the Big Sky area is interesting to see. I'm sure there are great places to stay down there, the Riverhouse (?) bbq is a must for dinner. You're only an hour from YS park at Big Sky so that's a good day trip too. Have fun.

OP
Alchemy

Alchemy

WKR
Yes the wife and I wanted to base out of Bozeman for a couple days to eat and shop and do some half day hike/rafting I had been looking into big sky. Thank you

X-file

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for the C’mon Inn
Also recommend the Pickle Barrel for sandwiches

Drive to Ennis and go to Shedhorn sports. Stop at Willie’s Distillery and try the honey moonshine. And if you are up to it then drive to Sheridan and go to Ruby Valley Brew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Selway

FNG
Bozeman is a good place to eat, shop,etc, but it's a busy city with bad traffic. Personally, I wouldn't set foot in "Teds" or go to his ranch (major problem with his bitch of a wife) but will second the Western for breakfast. Lots of breweries, haven't found a bad one yet. I assume you'll have a car so I'd suggest driving down to Big Sky, beautiful canyon and the Big Sky area is interesting to see. I'm sure there are great places to stay down there, the Riverhouse (?) bbq is a must for dinner. You're only an hour from YS park at Big Sky so that's a good day trip too. Have fun.

Assuming you mean Jane Fonda, they divorced 20 years ago.

def90

WKR
I’ve stayed at The Lark which is located right on the main drag in downtown Bozeman, nice place, well maintained and stumbling distance to all of the downtown restaurants and bars. Visit the hotsprings!

MT257

WKR
I'd second Stacey's over in Gallatin Gateway for dinner. There is also the the Oasis over in Manhattan with great prime rib. Land of Magic in Logan is another good choice for dinner.

+1 for the western. Whenever I drive to Bozeman I stop to eat there. Then I leave quickly. Too many bobcats for this griz.