Bozeman

CorbLand

WKR
Yeah, only spending Friday in town then the rest is hiking and seeing. We are staying the rest in other towns and near Yellowstone.
If you are heading towards Yellowstone.

Quake Lake is a cool stop. Not a ton to do or see but its not far from Yellowstone and is crazy to think about.
Fishing the Madison is always worth it. Might be a little rough this time of year but worth it.
Stop in at the Rustic Candy shop in West and get some huckleberry taffy.

CCooper

WKR
Stop at the Buffalo Bump and grab a sandwich- drive down to Ennis hit Shedhorn sports, Madison River Fishing Company, and have a drink at Willies. I like stopping at the Buffalo Bar in West Yellowstone as well.

Kenetrek boots is also in Bozeman so if you were ever interested in them you can get sized and try on many different boots.

Watch for Randy Newberg at the DQ

Mt Al

WKR
My advice is get out of Bozeman as fast as possible and see Montana.

Now that's funny and true.

Simms is also here. If you're in town Friday and want to stop by one of these places, Mystery Ranch's front room and Simms' front rooms are the ones to see IMHO. Simms is easy if you're heading to West Yellowstone via Big Sky or Ennis (the longer, nicer way). Schnees is still Scheens in terms of the name, but like all of Montana South of I90, it ain't the same. If you want to fish for a day I hear the Yellowstone is hot, like welding gloves hot according to a friend who boated 50 fish yesterday. His pictures are torture. Line up a guide today or roll your own and huck bead heads and/or pink worms with a little weight near the bridge at Mill Creek or Pine Creek or where ever.

If you're going to Gardener, Mystery Ranch is mostly on your way and you can drive right past the old or current Stone Glacier building (are they putting up a wicked cool new building?), head to Livingstone can't beat taking the East River Road down Paradise Valley, drive slow, eat at Chico.

IMHO, Livingston is still the wacky Livingston of 40 years ago with higher prices, still a good mix of hippies, insanely rich people, locals and fresh air junkies. Fun to hang out there and eat wherever.

Have fun and welcome.

ben h

Lil-Rokslider
It's been a while since I've been to Bozeman, but Buffalo Jump was pretty fun. I went with some friends on the way pheasant hunting. one of whom was a Mormon and didn't drink so I ordered for him. Of course looking out for his best interest, I got him long island iced tea and keep e'm coming. We ended up losing him and he puked in the women's bathroom and got a ride back to the hotel from the DJ. We did try to find him before we left, but I didn't think to check the women's room.

Last edited: