Brace height or ATA?

eagle#eyes

Lil-Rokslider
Just curious, what will make a bow more forgiving, a longer brace height or longer Axle to axle? I know, bows shoot and handle different and there are lots of determining factors. However, would a longer axle to axle bow like a Cyntergy hybrid and less brace height be more or less forgiving than a Cyntergy that is shorter ATA but has more brace height? It can be any 2 different bows, those were just the 2 i had shot over the weekend and were in the back of my mind as I typed this.

amp713

WKR
Glad you asked this cuz I was about to, I've always shot shorter ATA bows but tried to keep a 7" brace height. I'm selling my current bows off and debating going to a long ATA 7" brace height bow just to see how it handles. I know you mentioned one over the other but I'm curious how the two combined will help me with my shooting. I've also been thinking of shooting something more simple like the elite energy 35.

Really depends on what is causing your errors. If it's improper grip or tune causing torque issues than a longer ATA will combat torque more than brace height will. If it's poor shot execution and follow through then a longer brace height will be more forgiving for you.

I have shot 6" brace height bows side by side with 5" and don't personally see a difference but a longer heavier bow shoot will shoot better for me than a short light one.

ATA. Because a longer pole is more difficult to rotate when held at center than a short pole. Radius of gyration if I remeber correctly.