Bradley Original smoker.. Masterbuilt 140S

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey all,

Anyone have these smokers they can weigh in on? We'd like to do snack sticks and summer sausage in it mostly. The Bradley is going to be on sale for $200 at Cabela's this week, the Masterbuilt Adventure 140S is on sale for 249$. As awesome as a larger/"better" unit would be I already have a Pit Boss so I don't want to go too crazy with a dedicated smoker. I tried doing snack sticks in the Pit Boss last year but there's just too many hot spots and wouldn't bring them up to temp evenly. The reviews are super mixed on both and the reason I'm leaning towards a Bradley is the customer service reviews I have heard. Having to exclusively use the bisquetts from Bradley kind of sucks unless they are a great system.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/MASTERBUILT-MES-S-DIGTL-ELECT-SMOKER/3138351.uts

https://www.cabelas.com/product/hun...dley-reg-original-smoker/1344838.uts?slotId=6

BassAssassin04

Lil-Rokslider
I have a masterbuilt 40" electric and I really like it. If you hang sausage to close to the heating element it does get a hot spot there, but other then that it has been a great unit.

jmez

WKR
I have 2 masterbuilt 40's. I like them, had no issues in several years. I like them as they have the most room to hang sausage without getting into big $$$ on a commercial model.

If you go with masterbuilt the back right corner runs hot. Put a 12x12 ceramic floor tile over the heating element in back right corner. This evens out the heat quite a bit. I would also recommend a masterbuilt smoke generator to go with it. Sausage smokes low and slow, you won't get any smoke at lower temps.

All I use mine for is SS and snack sticks. Bought two so I can run 50# at a time.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NDGuy

WKR
Have two Masterbuilts from Fleet Farm that have worked well I am sure you are G2G.