Braggin Board for Fishing!

Yup. Stayed at that lodge a few times. One of the owners was Terry Hollan. I also fished at his place at Lake Baccarac. Both are nice facilties. We caught a lot more bass at Huites but larger ones at Baccarac.

My wife caught her family record at Huites on an 8" purple Power Worm. If you missed it earlier....11.5 lbs.

1626638239195.png

RMac5

Lil-Rokslider
Yep Terry is a great guy, He’s from Amarillo as well. Was Rene there when you fished? He was one of the required “local” owners. That’s a great fish in the pic.

Yep Terry is a great guy, He’s from Amarillo as well. Was Rene there when you fished? He was one of the required “local” owners. That’s a great fish in the pic.
On the trip Ellen caught that big one, we were actually guests of Angler's Inn. They had set up a place in Choix with their super deluxe trailers. We drove to where the boats were near the dam each day.

The first time we went to Terry's at Huites, the lodge was in a different place. Glen Day, a pro golfer from TX, was also there with a couple of his friends. We had a good time. Then the next time we went, they had built the new lodge a bit farther up the road with the hill going down to it

It's been more than 20 years, so my mind is a bit foggy on Rene at Lake Huites Lodge. There is also a Rene at Angler's Inn at El Salto who has been there for years and is a head honcho of sorts. I'm thinking the one at Huites kind of ran the place a bit as well, no? We own a time-share in Mazatlan, so we would stop at Huites on the way home to fish a day or two. If I recall, Rene was the one that stowed a few kilos of shrimp we had bought in Mazatlan in their freezer until we were ready to leave.

Hit the quota- of 1300 fish. Not sure why they even opened it for that small number of fish for the entire San Juan islands area. Not looking good for re-opening for coho, or even pinks. Meanwhile, a few miles away in BC they are reporting big runs off Vancouver island with 4 or 2 fish limits depending on area, and the border is closed.
bummer.... it's a huge coho year down here, i would assume you guys have a lot of them this year too? things sure have got worse since fishing became political...

These are terrible scans from newsprint, but they commemorate one of the best trout fishing days I ever experienced at normally dry Mexican Hay Lake, near Springerville, AZ. Using black Wooly Buggers, Joe Reynolds & I caught & released about 50 of these football-sized rainbows in the span of three hrs. during a rain storm. We decided to quit when the lightning decided to start.

I13839.jpg

tony3.jpg

Oregon

WKR
Limited on rockfish off the Norcal coast last week. Lost a monster ling too. Had a 30’ grey whale within 50 yards. Kayak fishing, best last minute decision to bring it that ive ever made.
Looks super fun, but those filet jobs are awful.
Sorry, I had to say something.

Twin 50 pounders from 30 feet of water. Missed 2 others that seemed bigger. Called it quits after the second fish on the boat. No need to kill a bunch
a10b31595b364027e05bd0dd4493302d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

That’s the perfect size as far as I’m concerned. Plenty of very tasty meat, and usually not too wormy. Good job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For sure. My dad came up from mn and we got one that was 160. Never again will I keep one that big. These fish had a crazy amount of small dungies in their stomachs and some fire engine red colored crab as well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Button

WKR
Pike and Muskie are freshwater fish I want to catch. Maybe next summer when I head up nortj again