Brain is in a pretzel. Bitz helical problem.

I only shot one deer with that setup and didn't even think to check. Honestly it was the rattling field tips that drove me crazy. They would loosen with every shot. I stopped doing it when Dudley said it was a bad idea. Kyle Douglas recently said it was a horrible idea as well. However Levi obviously does it. Gillingham has also messed around with it. I would say the only time it is critical is if you are using a right single bevel or offset blades. Muzzy Trocar, Ramcat, B3, and Raptor Tricks are all offsets that people don't think about.

Seems like I have just as many field tips loosen with right as I do left. I don't notice it coming out of the target ever, I never tighten my broadheads back up. All my field points come loose rattling around in my hip quiver, unless I do the small drop of loctite or orings on them.

Definitely wouldn't mix helix and bevel direction.

OP
R

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
I don't even know how that's possible. After setting a vane in the clamp just place it on the arrow and see where the front of the vane is pointing in relation to the rest of the vane. I can't see how a left helical clamp could possibly place the front of the vane to the right.

this why my brain is in the pretzel.

sndmn11

WKR
This is my set up for right helical. You need to test fit your vanes in the clamp adjust the top knob for which way you want the helical. You want the max helical you can with your vanes. So fit the bane in the clamp. Set it in the jig with the arrow in place. Then you can adjust the upper and lower adjustment knobs for which direction you want your helical. make sure your vanes are Seating the whole way

The thread should have stopped here.

Reactions: Zac
Is he using the 75-105° clocking on the nock holder but he wants 90°? If the clamp adjusters are on the center marks I don't see how the left Helical clamp could produce a right helical vane attachment. Unless the mod he has installed pushes the front of arrow way left...