Brand of meat grinder

these guys keep popping up on my youtube feds

Holocene

WKR
For whatever reason, I've always avoided cooking products and gear aimed specifically at hunters or recreational home use.

So, I buy straight-down-the-middle food processing equipment designed for restaurants. I don't get the top end, but something in the low to mid-end that's likely 20% more expensive than the nicest home gear but 200% better quality.

Vollrath is a good brand for grinders and pots, pans, etc.

I bought this Vollrath 40743 #12 Meat Grinder 1 hp 110V eight years ago and it has worked great to process deer back in South Carolina, turkey thighs, fresh elk ground from muscle cuts here in Oregon. Only negative is this joker is HEAVY!

I trust and enjoy how durable and focused commercial restaurant equipment is. Not so sure about hunter-specific or home-use equipment that is designed to be used less often.

One factor I look at also is 1) can I buy spare parts like fuses, cords, etc? and 2) how easy is it to overhaul if it breaks?

Meat! Will be running a BF 25% off and I may just bite the bullet. 1HP cheaper than any of the other prosumer names. The lifetime warranty slaps for me. I’ll be replacing a cable as pro DC.

Bite the bullet and buy a HOBART you will not regret it been running one for years. Parts a easy too get, and it is a well known company.

In my experience the older cabelas(10+Years) grinders we’re pretty good my buddy uses one that I’ve put at least 6 or more of my own deer through and I know between him and his family they’ve done 30 or so over the years. Pretty decent speed and never had a problem. I decided to finally get my own so I didn’t have to borrow his and was pretty disappointed. I bought what looks like his from cabelas but it’s much slower. Gets it done but not very fast. I was thinking about keeping my eyes open on Craigslist for an older commercial unit that a restaurant or whatever going out of business might be selling. I’m skeptical that the “pro” models that aren’t super expensive real commercial equipment are just bigger versions of the slow junk I have.

I picked up the 'Meat! your maker 1.5hp' recently. Last weekend 74.5 lbs of sausage ran trough it, twice on coarse grind and once more on the sausage grind. I ran it solo, and it was super easy! Huge upgrade from my #8 LEM, soon to be listed.
It seems well made. Defiantly recommend this one!

Agross

WKR
Really close to pulling the trigger on the 1 horse Meat grinder. Anybody know if these have metal gears or plastic. Maybe I missed it but It seems their descriptions on their website for the different grinders are a little vague. On some of em it says it comes with a stuffing plate and some it doesn’t. Not a big deal but again seems the descriptions would be less bs and more info.
Have gone back and forth between the cabelas , lem, and meat brand grinders. Quite a price difference between the lem and meat.

rsw669961

FNG
I got a cheap grinder from harbor freight. Wanted to try it first before buying a better one. Three years and still going strong. No complaints. Even does the silver skin.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Really close to pulling the trigger on the 1 horse Meat grinder. Anybody know if these have metal gears or plastic. Maybe I missed it but It seems their descriptions on their website for the different grinders are a little vague. On some of em it says it comes with a stuffing plate and some it doesn’t. Not a big deal but again seems the descriptions would be less bs and more info.
Have gone back and forth between the cabelas , lem, and meat brand grinders. Quite a price difference between the lem and meat.
My .5 horse meat grinder has metal gears. Also I’m 99% sure it came with a stuffing plate and 4-5 stuffing tubes. The one thing I did notice is mine doesn’t have a slower speed for stuffing like a friends Lem

Used my black friday MEAT! for the first time last night. I just double ground 10 lbs of deer for jerky, but it performed great with the harbor freight foot pedal.

Pflum

FNG
I ordered a .5 HP from MEAT over the weekend. Hasn't shipped yet, but I have two deer waiting to be ground when it shows up. We process 3-6 deer a year and make summer sausage once or twice a year. This should be a big upgrade from our old, tired tabletop grinder.

NDGuy

WKR
Ok, so I come from a butcher family, ran a meat shop, managed a meat Dept, etc, have used commercial Hobarts most of my life, and I can’t find a grinder I like that’s not $3000 plus.

I have tried the large cabelas, the LEM, didnt like either. Unless the meat was almost frozen, they just don’t grind really well.

Has anyone tired the Meat Your Maker? I’m interested in that brand, but would like to hear if anyone has tried it.

I was at dads grinding a couple moose with a table top 1944 Hobart 1/2 HP, and that thing flat grinds twice as fast as any of the 1hp I’ve tried and at any temp. I’ve looked all over for the oldies, but they are hard it come by.

Any input on the Meat Your Maker would be really helpful, thank you
SPY options are usually a good meat grinder coop

Agross

WKR
I ordered the Meat 1 hp grinder and the foot pedal on the 25th. Still waiting for an email saying it has shipped. Have my sons first buck hanging to hopefully use it on.

svivian

WKR
I processed about 130 lbs of elk with the MEAT 1.5HP grinder this last weekend and i was super impressed. I turned all of the nasty scrap meat, basically silver skin, into dog food with it even. I would highly recommend this unit.

Me and a buddy both started using meat your maker products this year. There grinders and sausage stuffer seem to be superior to lem and cabelas to both of us

Snowwolfe

Lil-Rokslider
Would love to upgrade to the 1.5 hp model from Meat your Maker. If anyone runs across another 25% off sale please post it here.