Brass and loads questions

I'm working on some loads with Peterson brass and 120 grain Hammer Hunters. I have fired this brass three tiimes and just full-length resized it today. It is to the point where it needs to be trimmed after this firing most likely. So here is my question for you guys who do this WAY more than I do----if I work up a great load using this brass the 120 gr HH and whatever powder/primer combo, will it still give the same results once I trim and full length size the brass again? What about if I try that load in new brass that I full length size? Am I going to get the same results?

chris

Yes, as long as your componets are all the same, nothing will change to much to really be noticeable.

SDHNTR

WKR
Just take copious measurements with the stuff that shoots well, and replicate it with your new loads. CBTO and headspace at the shoulder datum are most important.

Garan

FNG
If it was me, after 3 firings I would trim the brass now. As long as your load is under max. I doubt you will see any difference in performance.

Have you not been full length resizing each of the previous loadings? Things could change if not

SDHNTR

WKR
for hunting rounds you should always FL resize and set shoulder back .002” ish. Eventually, if all you do is neck size you’ll have a round not chamber from case swelling. Do you want that to happen with a buck or bull of a lifetime, or worse yet, a bear that wants to chew on you?

I don't know about you guys but I keep a round in the chamber so the first shot is gonna go bang no matter what. Good advice to hunt with loads sized so they chamber easily in your gun.

Take the cases after you've sized them however you're gonna do it, and chamber each one it in the rifle before you load. You'll find out right away if the case has started to swell and if neck sizing is an issue . My method is full length size enough that the cases chamber easily in your rifle. No need to work for brass more than necessary. With only necessary sizing the case fits the chamber more uniformly and all things equal, accuracy will be as good as it can be. YMMV.