Brass stuck in the die...

So a "friend" of mine got a piece of brass stuck in his steel sizing die. Apparently he thought he could run one through without lubing it. The base is ruined. Has anyone's "friends" had this happened before and been able to get them out? Or is he buying a new set of dies?

They sell a tool that can remove it. Think it’s somewhere around $20. My son got one stuck a few weeks ago and instead of researching a little I decided to force it out. Well it’s still stuck and now it’s never coming out. Should have been a little more patient.

RCBS stuck case remover, your friend is just like myself a few months ago I found one last case that didn’t get lubed but said ehh what’s the worse that could happen. No damage to the die but I butchered the case trying to get it out before I ordered the tool

I’ve done it like hodgeman described. Be sure to remove the stem from the die first. Also I just use a socket as my spacer. After drilling and taping the primer pocket I screw the die back into my press upside down and remove the stuck case with a wrench on the 1/4x20 bolt with washer/socket spacer.

CJF

WKR
Oh yeah, I keep the RCBS stuck case remover very close by in case my "friend" does such a thing. My "friend" gets in a hurry sometimes and it happens!