Breakfast burritos

Tesoro

Lil-Rokslider
make your stuffing and then cool it to fridge temp. Then take out and add to your tortillas to make your burrito with both ends folded in. Then put burrito on a hot griddle to lightly char and stiffen the fold so it stays shut. Then let cool down and wrap in foil to freeze. If you do it this way the juice/moist heat from stuffing wont soften burrito before freezing.

Clarktar

WKR
I make breakfast sausage with chicken breast or thighs. I like it better in the early morning because there isn't much fat to it so the beans and eggs go well with it. I don't put cheese in mine either. I figure the simpler the food the easier it is to eat!
I'd be interested in seeing that chicken breast breakfast sausage recipe. I got a hungry grinder and I was a lousy hunter this year.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

rideold

WKR
I'd be interested in seeing that chicken breast breakfast sausage recipe.
Happy to

For every pound of meat:
-1T minced fresh (or 1t dry) thyme
-1 1/2 t kosher salt
-2t light brown sugar (I leave this out most times but I like savory more than sweet)
-1t crushed fennel seeds (we have fennel in our garden so I always have plenty of seed, not sure how much store bought powder it would be.)
-1/2t crushed red pepper
-1/4t ground black pepper
-1/4t smoked hot paprika
-1 clove of garlic minced or pressed

I make a paste of the garlic and fennel with the salt using a mortar and pestle and then mix the rest of the spices etc into that before mixing with the cubed meat.

I've used both breast and thigh. The breast will need more oil in the cast iron when you cook it.

Clarktar

WKR
Happy to

For every pound of meat:
-1T minced fresh (or 1t dry) thyme
-1 1/2 t kosher salt
-2t light brown sugar (I leave this out most times but I like savory more than sweet)
-1t crushed fennel seeds (we have fennel in our garden so I always have plenty of seed, not sure how much store bought powder it would be.)
-1/2t crushed red pepper
-1/4t ground black pepper
-1/4t smoked hot paprika
-1 clove of garlic minced or pressed

I make a paste of the garlic and fennel with the salt using a mortar and pestle and then mix the rest of the spices etc into that before mixing with the cubed meat.

I've used both breast and thigh. The breast will need more oil in the cast iron when you cook it.
Awesome. Just to be sure, you grind the chicken meat then mix with all the spices?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ZDR

WKR
You don’t need the roasted hatch chili’s you find on the street ( unless you want chili relleno’s). Grocery stores have little cans of green chili along with jalapeños that are diced and help make a great home made green chili. Breakfast burritos with out green chili, is like heaven with out angles.
Heretic! Canned green chili is a product of satan or Karen…not exactly sure which one or maybe both?😏

rideold

WKR
My go-to green chili replacement for fresh/roasted/frozen is the 505 roasted green chilis in the jar. Not the same as fresh/frozen but better than canned by a long shot!

Stalker69

WKR
Heretic! Canned green chili is a product of satan or Karen…not exactly sure which one or maybe both?😏
I am not saying caned green chili, I am saying you can buy chopped green chili’s to make your own green chili.

Reactions: ZDR