Breakfast for the hunt

JPD350

WKR
I usually make my own oatmeal concoction for breakfast but this year I decide to make it into bars so I don't have to pack as much water in to the hunting area. I couldn't find a recipe that fit everything I wanted out of the bar so I just winged it and I have to say they came out pretty dam good, good enough to share. I started with the basic bowl of oatmeal and added stuff that I thought would make a balanced good tasting, good for you, high calorie bar. They are going to be excellent with a cup of coffee! I made some Hudson bay bread bars onetime and by the 3rd day I was ready to gag they were so freaking sweet, dry and full of butter.

For my bars I split it up and made half blueberry and half cranberry, when the bars are cold they are firm and at room temp they are still firm but soft. On the recipe I have it broke down to where you can make one bar to try before diving into a whole pan.
Enjoy!

Anyone that has other recipes please post them

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_c3c.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_c3c.jpeg
    219.2 KB · Views: 163
  • 20200905_104128.jpg
    20200905_104128.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 145
  • 20200908_210406.jpg
    20200908_210406.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 128

Opah

WKR
Best in the world breakfast
One can Snappy Tom chili cocktail, one beer and to raw eggs, pour beer and snappy to, together add two raw eggs and slam it down. Gets the morning movement done and the protein and energy to get you to where you are going.

FLAK

WKR
Best in the world breakfast
One can Snappy Tom chili cocktail, one beer and to raw eggs, pour beer and snappy to, together add two raw eggs and slam it down. Gets the morning movement done and the protein and energy to get you to where you are going.
OH Dear Lord!!!

2rsquared

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for sharing. Will have give those a try. Look good.

Have you experimented with adding protein powder? Wondering how it would turn out as a meal replacement bar.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

rclouse79

WKR
3 cups old fashioned oats blended into a powder. Heat 1 cup peanut butter, 3/4 cup honey and a spoonful of coconut oil in a pan. Mix in chia seeds, raising and coconut. Then add the oat flour. After mixed press it into a glass pan. Cut bars smaller than a sandwich bag. Try it and you won’t be sorry. They are filling, give me a ton of energy, and I haven’t tried a store bar that come close to being as tasty. I like to put in in my front belt pocket along with some chocolate covered coffee beans and then just snack and get my caffeine fix when I stop to glass or get hungry. My son came along with me on one trip solely based on the fact I had packed him one of the bars.

OP
JPD350

JPD350

WKR
Thanks for sharing. Will have give those a try. Look good.

Have you experimented with adding protein powder? Wondering how it would turn out as a meal replacement bar.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Lol this is my first experiment!
I've never used protein powder but I think you could do a bunch of different combinations with this recipe, I think adding any dry ingredients you may have to balance it out with a tad more wet ingredients so the bars don't get to dry, unless of course you want them drier. You wouldn't need to add a bunch of powder to reach a high protein content because there is already a decent amount of nut protein in these bars but yep it's a good idea.