Breakfast in the backcountry

jarrettd

FNG
Hello fellow rocksliders! I'm going to be real annoying with the questions in these last few weeks leading up to my elk hunt, hahaha. What are you guys packing for breakfast food? I'm looking to maximize my sleep time and hunting time. I don't picture myself getting out the jetboil to make some oatmeal before hitting the trail. Id like to have some bars or trail mix at the ready for quick morning deploy. let me know what you guys like to eat when you wake up.

Scoot

WKR
I usually eat a Cliff Builder Bar- mint chocolate for breakfast. That's when I'm on the mountain, or on the way to work. Not much variety in my breakfasts.

IdahoElk

WKR
Peak Berry Granola after I take a break at 8:30-9:00, I can't hike first thing in the morning with food in my system, makes me feel sick.

lak2004

WKR
Like many here I don't feel like eating that early in the morning so usually just some water. If I stop somewhere to glass then I'll maybe pull out the stove for some coffee and a bar. I mostly just snack on nuts and bars throughout my day then have a decent dehydrated meal before bed. Lots of water!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

bsnedeker

WKR
I usually get up and out of the tent and get going first thing in the morning....I don't usually eat first thing I wake up, even at home. At my first sign of hunger in the morning I usually grab one of the Clif Coffee bars that has a bit of caffiene in it and eat that. Then around lunch time I actually break out my little bag of homemade granola with some powdered milk....pour a little water on it and have a nice little lunch.

depends on what I ate the prior night for supper. If I had a dehydrated meal ill just throw in a snuff and hit the trail running, if I didn't eat much ill make peak refuel or MH biscuits & gravy or a MH scramble eggs and then be good for the entire day.

dtrkyman

WKR
Bar wise I like RX bars. I am usually a breakfast on the go guy, I do not drink coffee so I just wake up and bale out.

If I am headed straight to a glassing spot and it's cold I bring the jet boil and a freeze dried breakfast!

Just make sure if you're eating nothing but bars you have something that unplugs those bars! Low water consumption, bar after bar, uff......just picture what one of those "Bo Bo" bars looks like when you unwrap it, well, it won't look much different later.

Coffee and half a Greenbelly bar while getting dressed in the tent. I used to eat instant oatmeal, but I'd rather spend that time getting warmed up on the hike.

I do overnight oats with powdered milk, peanut butter and chocolate chips. it can be pretty heavy on the stomach though so I usually kinda snack on it from breakfast to lunch