Breakfast in the backcountry

Lara bar or kind bar, coffee, I bring dried fruit, jerky, and cheez-it’s for mid morning munchies. My son always carrys his jetboil, so if he’s along well have some tea. Trader Joe’s Montmarcy dried cherries taste just like cherry pie.

11boo

WKR
We used to do the breakfast burrito thing, all pre rolled and wrapped in foil. Roll around on the wood stove till hot. I just don’t like eating that much, that early anymore.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I think I will roll a few just for that. Might even try heating one with an MRE heater on the trail.
I can eat burrito's every day, especially carne asada. I'll buy several at my local spot and wrap them in foil. Then in base camp I'll just put them in the grill for a bit to heat them up. (y) I prefer smothered in green chili, but up hunting have to make some sacrifices.

11boo

WKR
I have about 4 lbs of cooked meat and veggies, hatch chilies in there too.
All frozen. Big bag of shredded cheese, and some of those hatch chili tortillas our city market sells. It’s going to be good.

I think I’ll hit up city market for their deli green chili sauce too. Never have too much green.

Wrench

WKR
Breakfast, lunch and dinner 20200908_082654.jpgon the go. Ps, I had a bull come in just minutes after this picture. I was not ready....he just fell out of the sky on me.

Met-Rx Big100 Collossal bar for me. 450-470 calories depending on flavor. Don't do the cookie one if it's cold or you'll have to slobber on it for a while to unbrick it, the apple flavor is fine in the cold.

I love me some butthole sandwiches. Toasted blue berry bagel, peanut butter, honey, splash of cinnamon and some pre- cooked bacon. I usually make 1-5 of these at home and then pack in as many as I think I will need.

NCSU_Lewis

Lil-Rokslider
Coffee and a Probar meal bar for me. Usually have a few packs of oatmeal or one of the freeze dried whatever brand with me in case im slow and want hot breakfast, but rarely do more than a big bar.

Laramie

WKR
I love breakfast burritos. Warmed up before leaving camp, then I wrap well and typically eat during first morning break. That covers me until I have a decent snack mid afternoon.

I usually get up and out of the tent and get going first thing in the morning....At my first sign of hunger in the morning I usually grab one of the Clif Coffee bars that has a bit of caffeine in it and eat that...
I'll second this. As much as I enjoy coffee, it's so darn early that I'd rather not get up earlier to go through the process of making it.

The Clif Coffee/Mocha bars are an adequate food and caffeine substitute for me in those pre-dawn hours.

Then I'm usually feeling hungry at 10ish and may even have my salami/parmesan/tortilla wrap then.

The Probar Meal Bars are pretty darn solid too for a breakfast.

s

*zap*

WKR
nothing wrong with cliff energy bars if your going to be burning a good amount of calories right away (you will burn up the sugar/carbs)....if not just fast, I am a big fan of intermittent fasting anyway.

Like a lot of others, don't like to eat much. Clif bar is about all I can stomach early. Usually have a butthole sandwich to eat for later, kind of a brunch thing. Trail mix as well. Typically eat a bigger supper so feel like that gets me through the first few hours of the day. I usually ration out a couple of cups of coffee a day and will heat up water for that. If I feel ok, I always have oatmeal with me and will do some of that too. Gotta start bagging all that stuff up over the next week too.