Breakfast w/o the oats

slvrslngr

WKR
I'm looking for some lightweight, easy to make breakfasts, preferably hot. What are some breakfast ideas that don't include oats? I know MH/BP makes some egg dishes but other than that, what can a guy eat that doesn't include oatmeal/muesli? Oats and my system don't get along very well, my wife can attest! THx!

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got some packets of instant cheese grits last year, and brought along some precooked bacon to crumble into it. I thought it was pretty good, but I already liked grits...Luke (who usually eats anything) wasn't much of a fan. Guess its a personal preference thing.

I would rather eat cold anything than stomach MH eggs....the grainy texture is just not something I can stand, especially first thing in the morning :)

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I hate MH eggs.

Last year I made primal cereal from nuts and avocado and then dehydrated it. 800 calories and no crash later. Worked great but I got tired of the flavor after several days. Need to mix it up a bit.

JNDEER

WKR
single packed crawls. eat two for brekfast and you can warm them up next to the flame while makeing coffee.

OP
S

slvrslngr

WKR
Thank you all for the suggestions and heads up about the MH eggs!

Becca-I'll check out the grits idea, any brand better than the others?

RockChucker-What's your recipe for the primal cereal?

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member

My Dad always used the Quaker brand instant Cheese grits when I was growing up, so thats what i am partial to. Honestly doubt it makes much difference, I bet most other store brand grits would be fine but I haven't tried them.

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

1/2 cup almonds, 1/2 cup pecans, 1/2 banana, salt and cinnamon to taste, 1/4 cup milk. I normally double.

Chop in food processor until smooth, then spread on dehydrator sheet and dry. I chop in processor again after. Then just add 1/2 cup hot water and stir.