Breakfast when truck camping??

Mosby

WKR
I get tired of cold food in the morning and I don't always feel like cooking. These Road Pro cookers are great for breakfast, lunch, dinner. Opens a whole new world when driving and truck camping. Hot food. No fuel needed. Almost no clean up. Expands the menu.

Burritos, biscuits, hot pockets, sandwiches all heated while driving. Works great. I wrap everything in tin foil and let it heat up. I use it a lot when I am scouting or I decide to hunt a different area and driving around. I throw the food in and it is hot when I get there. Eat in the truck and take off.

1567655595295.png

JuddStrow

FNG
Really depends on if im cooking for myself, or other.

By my lonely. French press some coffee, and granola bar. But I do usuallt like a hot breakfast of sausage links and eggs and toast every few days just to spoil myself.

I like to throw in an extra steak to cook for dinner one night and steak and egg it up the next morning.

Lots of other people (i love cooking) pancakes, hashbrowns, eggs any way you like, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy.... i mean really try to appease any request.

Great thread! Thanks for the Road Pro cooker idea.
My menu varies if it’s me solo vs my wife and kids. I’m a big fan of the pre-made breakfast burrito, but my world changed when we started using the “Tortilla Land” uncooked flour tortillas. Pick them up at Walmart/Smiths/Kroger. Cook them over a hot skillet/pan and fill them with your pre-made burrito filling. It’s a game changer.

The sky's the limit now that I baught a Blackstone griddle to take hunting,or camping as I told the wife as the reason I got it....make an entire meal at once then just scrape it clean with a big drywall mud knife and douse it with some veg oil and good to go next time.

Joekidd

FNG
Im not a huge fan of oats. What do you guys do when truck camping and weight isnt a big deal?? I was thinking of bringing some eggs and just making some eggs and bacon?? It doesnt take 5 min to scramble eggs?? Anyone have any other quick Ideas??
Cornbeef hash on the engine in the can

Scooter37

FNG
I go with a lot of instant oatmeal also. This year I went with hard boiled eggs I think I brought about 50 this season but it makes it super easy, nothing to clean and sometimes I will take one in my pocket or pack for a snack later on. We also make our coffee for about three days all at once (I use a coffee pot and a inverter on the pickup) so we just have to reheat it in the morning and I didn’t think it was to bad. I’m curious if I can make a weeks worth in advance and freeze it in gallon jugs to keep the ice chest cold until it’s needed .

Michael54

WKR
Cornbeef hash on the engine in the can
I had a tri axle driver that would cook steaks wrapped in foil by seasoning them, wrapping them, and then jamming them between the exhaust stack and heat shield on his truck.

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
Ain't mornings funny...

Work days I usually have to hit snooze 2-3 times, drink two cups of coffee, peruse rokslide on the throne for a bit, and if I am lucky my brain is working at 50% capacity by 7 AM.

Hunting, I am out of bed, pop a no-doz, chug some water, grab a granola bar to go and I am out the door feeling like a million bucks at 4 in the morning.

If someone can explain to me how the brain chemistry of that works, I would appreciate it.
I seem to have the same affliction. Probably the adrenaline.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Marcjr47

FNG
I do pre made breakfast burritos and heat up in a pan or I have done the sous vide style, which is scrambling eggs and putting them in a zip lock bag along with everything you like in your omelet then sealing the bag closed and cooking in a boiling pot of water. Bam! perfect omelets!

Stuie88

FNG
Thick slice raisin toast smoothered in real butter and a fresh expresso coffee in camp is a treat......seems to get people out of the fart sack real fast.
I checked your profile to be certain, but as soon as I read "fart sack" I thought, yep he's Aussie.
Hello from Melbourne

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Dinger

WKR
I checked your profile to be certain, but as soon as I read "fart sack" I thought, yep he's Aussie.
Hello from Melbourne

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Hey bloke, good to see a few more Aussies getting in here.