Breaking him in young

shaun

WKR
5 months old and he is already spending the day at a high country lake at 10k. 5 mile hike and he was laughing the whole time. I was pretty excited and had to shareImageUploadedByTapatalk1369625273.299797.jpg

Juan_ID

WKR
X2 that is awesome man! I am always telling my wife that when we have our first, his/her first trip to the outdoors will be a September muley hunt on my back. :)

Hardstalk

WKR
Very cool! The hardest part is when they want to be independent. Than it takes you a couple hours to get a couple feet. They will pick up every rock and twig at their feet. Its still fun don't get me wrong. Just a bit harder to go anywhere. Mine hates being in the backpack @ a year an a half. A couple months ago she would run around saying "PAKPAK" and ride in there until she passed out. Now if she cant do it herself she wants no part of it. I'm sure yours will be a lot like most of ours (outdoorsman) though. The only time they really smile is when there covered in dirt and sunburned. :)

7mag.

WKR
That's great man! My son (7.5) loves to camp, hunt and hike. I'm trying to get him on his first overnight hike, but he's not sure he's ready. I'm trying to encourage him without pushing him too hard. I've had 2 trips planned this year already, and cancelled, not wanting to force him.

littlebuf

Banned
I don't know, that doesn't look like one of the new ultra light backcountry babies. kifaru should be coming out with a new one any time, then you'll be set ;)

Hardstalk

WKR
I rok a kokopax for the minimalist ultralight setup. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369671820.060199.jpg

No bueno while wearing on horseback though. Bruises the lumbar something fierce.