Breaking in salomon boots

ChasinDoes

Lil-Rokslider
Just bought my first pair of salomon boots from the bargain cave at cabelas for an awesome price. 4d quest boots. They felt great walking around the store and a the reviews I could find were very positive.

But once I started walking/hiking outside the next couple days they really started to bother my feet, everything I have seen says that they take zero break in.

Are my feet just not made for these boots?
Do they just need to break in more?
Are my feet just not used to a stiffer sole type boot?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jauwater

WKR
Mine didnt take long to break in. After they had some use on them the boots felt like walking in sneakers. I've owned two pairs, and they were very comfortable. I dont remember having any issue with foot cramping.

I since have switched to a stiffer boot which I had foot cramping problems with the first 50 miles or so. Took my feet a while to break into the boot. I also switched the Insoles to add more arch support which really help.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BadDogPSD

WKR
I've had several pairs of the Quest 4D's and never had an issue with break in. They were all comfortable right out of the box. My favorite light weight hiker.

What kind of issues are you having exactly? My Quest 4Ds were awesome right out of the box the only time I had an issue was during a training hike I was trying different thicknesses of socks and a thinner pair of socks allowed the boot to slip and rub the back of my foot/heel.

As long as I stick with a thicker pair of socks they have been awesome.

lif

WKR
Try loosening the laces all the way down then retighten while the boot is on your feet. If that dont work then they might not work with your feet. Good luck.

Huntin wv

Lil-Rokslider
Zero break in time for mine. They are very comfortable, just not stiff enough for some situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bought my first pair of salomon boots from the bargain cave at cabelas for an awesome price. 4d quest boots. They felt great walking around the store and a the reviews I could find were very positive.

But once I started walking/hiking outside the next couple days they really started to bother my feet, everything I have seen says that they take zero break in.

Are my feet just not made for these boots?
Do they just need to break in more?
Are my feet just not used to a stiffer sole type boot?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Can't count the number of threads within addressing boot: fit/break in/any other question in the universe about "boots" …..

Newt

Lil-Rokslider
I think they require a little break in, not much, but some. Of course, I buy mine a little on the small side because I like the glove type fit. So it is a tad narrow for me at first, but then my feet wear in the spots they need to.

jaxs

FNG
Mine were pretty good to go out of the box. But most boots will require some sort of break in, especially if you're carrying a good amount of weight and moving long distances.

muddydogs

WKR
My 4d's didn't need any break in, there defiantly not a stiff sole boot at all. 4d's are kind of the tennis shoe of the boot world.