Brightest head lamp available?

gunnar_17

FNG
Just looking for some one who has tried a few brands and can point me to the brightest they have found.
I am using a Petzel Tikka right now.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

I like my Ledlenser. There are probably brighter ones out there now but the max setting on this one is usually too bright for me.

I think the streamlight protac headlamp series is about the best bang for your buck in mid priced lights. One is 750, the other 1000 lumen and can run on Cr123 or Streamlight rechargeable battery packs. The throw is excellent on both units. Every Fenix light I've purchased I ended up returning. They grossly overrate the lumens and the quality is about the same as a harbor freight headlamp in my experience. Customer service and Returns are very difficult as well.

amp713

WKR
The one80 headlamp was crazy bright, never ran it but a buddy did. It's an LED strip on your head. I doubt the battery life is worth anything..... debated getting one just because they are kinda cheap

Dont know if there are brighter options out there, but zebralight will do everything you need and more. Its also pretty lightweight, has a good selection of brightness settings, and the batteries seem to last forever.

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We did a bunch of testing and found Coast to last the longest

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

tdot

WKR
Do you want something comparable in size to the Tikka, just brighter??? (Lots of options now, Tikka is old tech)

Or do you want the brightest? If you want the brightest, you'll pretty much need to go to something with a separate battery and its gonna be heavy. I have an HID headlamp that's brighter then my van lights.

Zebralight/Olight H2r type lights are probably going to be what you are looking for. You'll have options for spot/flood lenses as well.
I bought Zebralight H2r to help navigate ledgy country in the dark. It's bright enough to see around 100 yards on turbo mode. It will go over 10 days of hunting on one charge.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BluMtn

WKR
Armytek, Wizard pro 1200 lumans on a 18560 battery. They battery will last about 45 minutes at that level. You have the ability to turn the lumans down as far as .5 lumans and the more you turn it down the longer the battery will last. At .5 luman the battery will last a year or more. I have mine set so I can see the trail and my battery will last about 10 days in negative weather while in the back country..

The Olight H2R can hit 2300 Lumens for roughly 1 minute before it scales back to 700 lumens. It is insanely bright on turbo mode when you need it.

shtrbc

Lil-Rokslider
My bear guide uses a Surefire Maximus. Everything I brought PAILED in comparison. Not sure on battery life as it was a 40 yard tracking job. But I was super impressed how it lit up the BLACK woods.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Here is the clear winner and it’s not even close......

I say this after 22 years of MIL/LEO/GOV service where I get to play with some cool gear.
The owner of this company is a fellow PA native and a predator hunting machine. (No affiliation) I bought his predator scan/gun light at an outdoor show and was so impressed I went back next year for this headlamp. It’s like having vehicle high beams on your head and fully dimmable and programmable.

NOT as light weight as a petzel, but not at all heavy or uncomfortable.

I was a tikka guy for a long time.

Fenix light was a bit clunky and wasn’t as bright as advertised.

I own two zebras and they are great. Tough. Simple. Reliable. I prefer the type of batteries that can be charged directly with a usb cable.

TheCougar

WKR
I love my Zebralight MkIV. I think it’s 1600 lumens on high. Weighs 4oz and uses 18650 batteries. Expensive as hell, but worth every penny. Plus I can use the batteries to charge other gear, so it’s multi-functional. Give them a try, you won’t be disappointed.

OneRingTrTa

Lil-Rokslider
I would check out Princeton Tec, Petzl and Black Diamond brands. They all build for mountain climbers and other extreme users. I use Princeton Tec myself. It's not the world's brightest, but it can be used for SCUBA diving, so it is totally waterproof. Many models available. Quart lamps tend to be brightest, but the new LED lamps give several times the battery life. I can swap out the lamp in a minute.