Briksdal sizing

CodyB

Lil-Rokslider
Thinking about getting a pair of the Briksdal SF after being pleased with my Guides and the use I got out of those boots. In the Guides I had a 11 and always thought those boots were a touch small. I noticed on gohunt they recommend sizing up a 1/2 size with the Briksdal SF, for those have used these boots is that you’re experience too?

Vandy321

WKR
I disagree w/that rec. I wear a 10 in all boots I've owned..orderd a 10 in the regular and SF..the SF felt like a 10.5. I kept the regular. These were before the non-insulated option.

Nothing against go hunt. But their boot sizing recs are off for my feet. They suggested I size up my scarpas...I did and they were entirely too big. Went with my standard sz 10, they fit like a glove.

The briksdal is a narrow boot though, with a pretty tight toe box, use that info when making the call to size up or not too.

I have not put on the SF’s, but the regular Briksdal are very true to size and wore the same size as my Nevada’s.

Cspraggins

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered the briksdal sf in a 10.5, and the overall size was true. They fit my foot really well other than a small pressure point at my heel where my Achilles ties in. I couldn’t make that comfortable, so I am returning them.

i really liked the boot and wanted it to work tbh. But back to your question, I feel it runs true to size, so order in alignment with what you typically wear.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
My SFs are true to size, I just got my normal size and havnt had any issues. I rarely do though. 99% of the time I just order a 12 and I’m good to go.

OP
C

CodyB

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the replies. I’ll be getting a pair ordered soon. The Guides worked well for me just want a stiffer boot so optimistic about the Briksdal SF.

CBECK61

Lil-Rokslider
Briksdal SF is a narrower fit but it needs to be narrower as it's stiffer. When you get into more technical terrain you really need this style of fit for the boot to perform properly. My guides are generally more comfortable due to the fit difference but I can do more with my Briksdal.

LZek10

FNG
I would not order a 1/2 size up (unless you want to order 2 and try them on side by side). I normally wear a size 10 in my hunting boots and ended up ordering a size 10 and size 10.5 to try on. The 10 worked better for me.