Bring back made in USA..

A
Spoiler Alert,, this aint good, and if McDonalds starts paying 20$/hr to recruit workers, anyone want to guess what a "fast food" meal will cost. To be considered unemployed you have to be actively seeking a job.
View attachment 333862
Average pay at mcdonalds in Denmark is $21/hr. The cost of a bigmac in Denmark is 4.87 usd, the average cost of a bigmac here is 5.66.

ETtikka

WKR
My point is prices do not have to raise. It's fear mongering by corporations in order to keep paying their employees piss poor wages.
Agreed, i have seen groceries in my area go up 40% YTD, used cars up 30% YTD, and wages are probably less us gov. says inflation is at 4-5% this year, so its all good

Average pay at mcdonalds in Denmark is $21/hr. The cost of a bigmac in Denmark is 4.87 usd, the average cost of a bigmac here is 5.66.
whats the take home amount of that 21? it’s less the being paid 13 hr, in the US

Last edited:
whats the tax home amount of that 21? it’s less the being paid 13 hr, in the US
Agreed, i have seen groceries in my area go up 40% YTD, used cars up 30% YTD, and wages are probably less us gov. says inflation is at 4-5% this year, so its all good
I really don't know how a lot of people get by. Homes I'm my area are outrageously priced, gas is $4 a gallon, and as you said groceries are rising

bozeman

WKR
So, what are you doing to 'bring it back to the USA' besides being a keyboard commando? For others, you do realize that the personal computer and technology is why you have access to Rokslide, correct? :)

Every area has a different Cola.

but the answer is simple work your arse off to increase your education therefore increasing your financial independence

Dallas TX has 55% increased take home/savings compared to same money in Copenhagen Denmark

ETtikka

WKR
So, what are you doing to 'bring it back to the USA' besides being a keyboard commando? For others, you do realize that the personal computer and technology is why you have access to Rokslide, correct? :)
Not sure who the question is directed at, but I try very hard to buy USA made goods, whether it is a scope or a truck or a tool.

for tv and computer and phone, not much choice.

I dont vote for commies either

Actual_Cryptid

Lil-Rokslider
Spoiler Alert,, this aint good, and if McDonalds starts paying 20$/hr to recruit workers, anyone want to guess what a "fast food" meal will cost. To be considered unemployed you have to be actively seeking a job.
View attachment 333862
With a $15/hr wage the cost of a big mac would increase by 17 cents. Oh no, the humanity!

ZImbabwe and Venezuela's issues don't share a root cause. I presume they were brought up because we have to keep pushing for increasing consumption to keep the dollar from deflating, but that misunderstands the cause of the economic crises in both country as well as the funding process fortreasury bonds. Additionally, if you ask me, and what do I know as a lowly accountant, but if we're supposed to take as read that the US economy can only avoid a catastrophic crash so long as people keep buying things they don't need while wages stagnate for the lower classes, you're describing an unstable system that will crash and take a bunch of people with it.

With a $15/hr wage the cost of a big mac would increase by 17 cents. Oh no, the humanity!

ZImbabwe and Venezuela's issues don't share a root cause. I presume they were brought up because we have to keep pushing for increasing consumption to keep the dollar from deflating, but that misunderstands the cause of the economic crises in both country as well as the funding process fortreasury bonds. Additionally, if you ask me, and what do I know as a lowly accountant, but if we're supposed to take as read that the US economy can only avoid a catastrophic crash so long as people keep buying things they don't need while wages stagnate for the lower classes, you're describing an unstable system that will crash and take a bunch of people with it.

It only takes those that over spent, and lived beyond or at means. Our economy should have already imploded in 2020 and in 2021, since goods availablilty are at a 20 year historic low.

I find it ironic how liberals decided to fix Mexico’s economy with NAFTA and EPA regulations, and then want to subsidize lower incomes up with welfare rather then Jobs.

CorbLand

WKR
It only takes those that over spent, and lived beyond or at means. Our economy should have already imploded in 2020 and in 2021, since goods availablilty are at a 20 year historic low.
Initially it will only affect those that are over leveraged but I know a lot of good people that lived well within their means that lost a lot in 2008.

Initially it will only affect those that are over leveraged but I know a lot of good people that lived well within their means that lost a lot in 2008.
Lost… not went with out. Big difference, a lot actually made a lot of money in the down turn.

2008 upped my early retirement ability by 10 years, Covid 2020 upped it another 5 years.

My 2020 tag turn back on reinvestment tripled in value.

if you are not debt leveraged, you have higher ability to hold cash as an investment vehicle, as your cost of living is likely very low

In my family we do our best to buy made in USA. It’s difficult and sometimes expensive, but we make the effort as much as possible. I just installed a water softener, whole house water filter and reverse osmosis, all made in USA. Most of my hunting purchases are made in USA as well. It takes a lot of research to pull it off too, but it can be done.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Lost… not went with out. Big difference, a lot actually made a lot of money in the down turn.

2008 upped my early retirement ability by 10 years, Covid 2020 upped it another 5 years.

if you are not debt leveraged, you have higher ability to hold cash as an investment vehicle, as your cost of living is likely very low

SSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Lets not confuse the sky is falling with facts and numbers.

CorbLand

WKR

I am talking about people that lost businesses, retirements and jobs.

I know guys that lost jobs, which in turn lost them their house. Most weathered it and have come back but it didnt just affect those that lived outside of their means. Some made it through and came out ahead but for everyone that did that, there is one that was put behind.

Last edited:

Poser

WKR
(Human) Labor intensive manufacturing doesn’t have much of a future in the US on any large scale, however, with the increasing use of robotics, US manufacturing can employ a lot of engineers.

I am talking about people that lost businesses, retirements and jobs.

I know guys that lost jobs, which in turn lost them their house. Most weathered it and have come back but it didnt just affect those that lived outside of their means. Some made it through and came out ahead but for everyone that did that, there is one that was put behind.
I know what you are talking about. You don’t loose investments if you don’t sell them, you don’t loose a house if you don’t have a mortgage etc.

While I didn’t loose my job in 08 I took a 70% pay cut. It opened my eyes on why I should of been even more debt cautious.

Again it’s a leverage and spending agruement. Nothing more nothing less.

(Human) Labor intensive manufacturing doesn’t have much of a future in the US on any large scale, however, with the increasing use of robotics, US manufacturing can employ a lot of engineers.

there is a STEM shortage in the US. With that said every robotic in the US runs on code that is taught at many high schools. And every physical machine is fixed by a trades man that furthered their career at trade school.

If automation was truely cheaper and the answer why do we keep building Automobile plants in Mexico…………

education is an evolution