Bringing a sheep as a carry on

Anybody have any experience with this. Shot my first sheep In Alaska last week. I'll do a write up when I get home. Fly out of Fairbanks Thursday and wondering if I can keep my skull and horns in my carry-on. It will be all wrapped up. Thanks

All I have to say is I’m so glad I found this group of people! I am going on my first sheep hunt hunt September 30th for a 10/1-10/10 hunt and I hope I love sheep hunting! You all are awesome.

Hope you enjoyed Fairbanks OP. It isn’t a bad place to live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I’m running to Samuel L. Jackson now with the scrip to my new movie masterpiece titled “Sheep’s on a plane”.

Congrats on your successful hunt!

todd h

FNG
should be no problem , I bought a duffle bag put sheep horns in and flewout of fairbanks. 2 times no issues at all. congrats on your sheep

ColeyG

WKR
No issues on AK airlines. I carried one on under my arm and put it in the overhead storage. Lots of funny looks and questions from some of the passengers.

19hunt92

Lil-Rokslider
I didn't do carry on, i put in luggage but there was another hunter that took on carry-on. American Airlines had no issue with either of us.

You do have to package up those lamp tips though, mine wrecked the inside of my bag lining

OP
F
Made it home with no issues. Thanks for all the advice. I stuck it in my carry-on back pack and was good to go. The biggest issue I see with sheep hunting is how to afford more sheep hunts. I don't think once will be enough for me!

I actually put my horns and cape in my checked baggage and shipped my dirty clothing home via USPS one rate boxes (nice stinky surprise when they arrived). I also froze all of my meat in a cheap cooler and checked it in as well, it all worked great!