Bringing meat INTO Colorado

buckwalleye

Lil-Rokslider
I did some googling and couldn't find a definitive answer. Seems like everyone is bringing meat out of Colorado. Figured someone here would have answer...

So my buddy flew up to my place in New York to hunt whitetail. He lives in Colorado. He shot a buck yesterday and wants to bring the skull home and other bone-in cuts, including the neck. What are the regs for flying home with a cooler full of meat into Colorado? Do we need to clean the skull out? Bone-in neck yay or nay? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Just make sure he has his tag and he should be good to go. I actually called the CPW on this recently because I'm heading to Michigan for the rifle opener this weekend. He shouldn't have any issues.

rob86jeep

WKR
I know a lot of states have rules about transporting wild game meat through their states due to CWD. To be on the safe side (so you don't have to check all the states you'll be transiting through, I would have all the meat deboned/processed and packaged and the head already thoroughly cleaned (like a euro mount). If you really want to bring bone in meat, call CPW and any other Fish and Game for states you'll be going though. Don't risk just taking advice from anybody.