Bringing your dog in grizzly country

Cbled

Lil-Rokslider
I’d be more concerned with wolves. If they cut your dogs track you’re in for a hell ride.

Never ever leave your dog unattended in camp in wolf country.
100% agree with this. I’ve had wolves yipping and growling all around the camp at night with the dog in the tent with me. I would be very careful taking a dog into an area with wolves around.

Decker9

WKR
Hard to believe a dog could be so disciplined enough to sit that long with you being gone,very impressive. I dont want to take my dog hunting with me,but would love to have the confidence of knowing that when she is faced with an opportunity to chase down a spooked deer,elk,or moose,that she will listen to my command and not let instinct take over. Gonna be an interesting early spring.
It’s actually very common to see dogs sit it out for some time, we have on a many counts, with that particular hunt being the longest.
She was about 1-1 1/2 years in when I started taking her leash off, now, I rarely have her on at all unless there’s other dogs around. When still hunting, I just give the hand signal to sit, she sits until I get to the next bend, then give her a hand signal to come. It’s not an easy task, it tests at our patience on the daily well training.

On that note, not all folks are trainers, lots don’t quite understand what it takes, but a diligent owner, can make a diligent hunting partner, most of the time I believe. Looking back, I was training myself, as much as I was training my dog.

In the end, the reward is priceless, for both dog and owner.