Bro-N-Laws LE Wasatch Bull

This is one of the hardest hunts I have ever been on. We put many, many, many miles on the boots! The elk just weren't talking very much and the ones that were talking that we went after we could not find them. Then Monday the 17th came and things changed. The elk were bugling all morning, afternoon, and evening. We chased bulls all day and never made it back to camp for lunch and we were starving! We were walking back to the truck right before dark and we were hearing bugles all over in the canyon we were walking down, but we didn't have any time to go after them. As we were walking back we heard something down in the stream and it was a big ole beaver. We sat and watched it for a few minutes which was pretty cool. Right as we were getting ready to start heading back again a bull bugled in the pines right above where the beaver was. We walked back up the road a little ways to get behind some trees. I was still kinda watching the beaver because I thought it was pretty awesome. Right as the beaver got back in the water the bull bugled right at the edge of the pines and stepped out. My Bro-N-Law looked at him through his scope and I glassed him over with my binos and he slowly turned to me and asks "should I shoot him?" I said, "don't ask me it is not my hunt!" and then BOOM and then BOOM and he took 10 steps a tipped over. That is when the excitement began. He was so excited and I was so excited for him and a few bones, high fives, and man hugs later we put our hands on him. The best part was it was about 50 yards from the road and 3 other hunters came down the mountain in their truck and helped us out. Thanks to my Bro-N-Law for letting me come along. It was a blast.

Attachments

• Elk 2.jpg
    Elk 2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 188
  • Elk 1.jpg
    Elk 1.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 156

Segan

FNG
Congrats on the nice bull. I had the same tag but archery and yes it was a tough for me too. It was also a lot of fun thanks for sharing.

RUTTIN

WKR
Nice bull! You guys need to get your priorities straight, I mean come on beaver or bugling elk? I'll take the bugling elk any day. Ha Ha.

OP
T
Oh it was a B&C Beav for sure! It was the most fur I had ever seen on a Beav!!! Thanks for the comments.