Broad heads

Shupe88

WKR
Stuck between fixed or mechanical. I want to either shoot montecs or sevr. Just can’t make my mind up. Will only be hunting deer and bear this season. What would y’all do? I have always shot rage and just ready for a change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdud14

FNG
I'd do Montec. Spin great and will kill just about anything. Knowing your hunting bear and deer might be okay with mechanical but I've converted fully away from them after 2 horrible experiences. Take a listen to a few of the podcasts specifically kifaru about how much energy it takes to open up. Between listening to that and my experiences dont think ill ever go back to mechanicals.

[email protected]

Lil-Rokslider
With my bow and arrow setup I’d go with the sevr but we don’t know what yours is, so it’s hard to make an educated suggestion.

Huntin wv

Lil-Rokslider
Only issue with the Montecs is the stainless ones aren’t very sharp. The cs montecs seem to be better. No experience with sevrs, but if I was going to shoot mechanicals they would be near the top of the list.

OP
Shupe88

Shupe88

WKR
With my bow and arrow setup I’d go with the sevr but we don’t know what yours is, so it’s hard to make an educated suggestion.

Prime centergy. 28dl 67lb. Easton fmj 320 and 390s. Experimenting with both and have better groups with the 390s.

OP
Shupe88

Shupe88

WKR
Fmj 320s are 4 fletched and 390s are 3. Can’t tell any difference until past 40yrds. That’s with 100gr field points.

OP
Shupe88

Shupe88

WKR
Magnus Black Hornet Ser Razor

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Just researched these heads and Wow they have excellent reviews! Lost of good talk and reviews about them! Got me thinking about trying them. I’m up for anything that works.

rekkr870

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Just researched these heads and Wow they have excellent reviews! Lost of good talk and reviews about them! Got me thinking about trying them. I’m up for anything that works.

They're short for a fixed blade, easy to tune, cause lots of hemorrhaging when used correctly.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Vizsla2

FNG
For Deer i'd go with mechanical BH's. I used to shoot Montecs, but switched the the Ulmer Edge. Still have a few left, but I also have some SEVR 1.5's, which are very, very similar.
From my experience, the montecs were really loud and if I recall correctly, either 1-1/8 or 1-1/4 cutting diameter.

V-TRAIN

WKR
i am gonna run the sevr 1.5 this year, i shot rage trypan last year and they were great, but i like the blade angel better on the sevr.

I haven’t tried either but a fixed head will never let you down as far as function. I’ve seen sevr broadheads do very very well torture testing. If you want to take the risk of a mechanical for the benefits they provide do it. Same with a fixed head. Pick your poison, but simplicity has the bonus of never failing when on target given they are adequate quality