Broadhead alignment

Northpark

WKR
What all is everyone using to align broadheads on arrows? I’ve always just screwed my broadheads into my inserts then used epoxy to set them. Problem is that once in awhile they don’t end up perfect or the heads are permanently attached.

Wondering what products and process works for you?

Florida Bow Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
You can align broadheads as you glue your inserts in, or heat them up to soften the glue with a propane torch to adjust.

I don’t get overly crazy trying to perfectly align mine because I usually shoot a full 4 blade or a 2 blade Cut in contact and I use 3 fletch not 4. Accuracy has never given me an issue provided I tune the bow right from the get go. I think that’s more of a key to slinging a clean arrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoot

WKR
If you use arrows that have a HIT insert, you can align them using a squaring tool and slowly take material off the end of the arrow until you can tighten your head down to alignment.

that said, I don’t bother with it...

Reactions: Zac

Trial153

WKR
The only alignment i worry about is in relation to my shelf as i generally cut my arrows 1inch from the rest. Otherwise it makes no difference

Beendare

WKR
Getting your BH's perfectly straight is an absolute necessity, IMO.

I've seen variation in groups- group sizes double at 50 yds- with arrows that appear to spin perfect....but then put them on the jig and they were .004" straight vs the .002" and under I get them on my jig. I'm surprised guys saying its not important....... its one of those, "You don't know ...what you don't know" type of things. I've seen a big difference.

I don't worry about aligning them with fletch....though I didn't see you mention that in your OP.

________

MattB

WKR
I like to orient my BH's the same to eliminate fletching contact and related noise in the quiver, but don't get too hung up on it. I use hot melt for my inserts so 5-10 seconds over a tea candle flame is all that is needed.

Zac

WKR
If you really want to go down the rabbit hole on this you can experiment with different positions until your broadhead blades go through the exact same tear as your broadhead. Since the vanes are on the back and turning they will be behind your blades I. rotation timing. The exact position needed to draft will be somewhat offset from your blades. You will have to put lipstick on your vanes and use a rubber washer on your broadhead for different positions. Here is an example.

Attachments

• 20200516_093651.jpg
    20200516_093651.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 18