Broadhead choice for this year

I switched to mechanicals last year but I'm switching back to fixed: gonna shoot the Wac'em 3 blade head. Flies great for me and ridiculously sharp out of the box.

I didn't get a single pass-through on any of the whitetails I shot last year with mechanicals and I'm shooting a 500 grain arrow at around 295 FPS out of my rig. Arrows would penetrate out the other side, but they would stay at least half-way in the animal. Only time I ever experienced that with a fixed blade is when I put it through both shoulder blades.

What!?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ontarget7

ontarget7

WKR
All pass throughs last year on the Trypans. For mechanicals the Trypans still definitely my go to. Blood trails are huge and tracking is minimal. Don’t think I had a deer go more than 30-40 yards.

Gator SS was a straight pass through on a antelope but found through spot and stalk the blades have a tendency to come loose while in the quiver. Will have to pass on those even thou they did the job at 90 yards

Scottyboy

WKR
Going with SEVR 2.1 and the 1.7 this year, they are flying very true to my field points out to 70yds. My tags are for deer/antelope this year

Aelee14

FNG
Magnus Black Hornet Ser Razor 4 blade for me this year, thick steel and short stout head. I want my gear to be bullet proof so I can only blame myself for a poor shot.

Mudd Foot

WKR
Just switched to Vandeiman 140gr based on accuracy video from Born and Raised. Have used Strickland 125gr since 2014. Great heads, but wanted to try something new. Am committed to single bevel based on the Ashby studies. Very impressed with flight. Will report back following Sept CO Elk.

Btaylor

WKR
150 grain day six evo x that arrived yesterday if they fly right. Otherwise, 4 blade zwickey or woodsmans both at 150 grains that I know fly right.

IAbowhntr

FNG
Wind drift is a great reason to shoot mechanicals. Had great results with grim reapers over the years but have shot the NAP killzones the last few and have been super impressed with them!

Usi05

WKR
Montecs for out west and schwackers here in Michigan for whitetail. My schwacker cut my buck all up last year. Great shot placement and it only ran about 15 yards and tipped.

Got some Shuttle T's from camofire a while back and 3 out of 6 are not straight. They come with 2 washers and not sure if I should use both or just one of them. They seem to be different materials too. My older ones are straighter than the new ones. Viper trick 125's for the other bow. Tested my old magnus stingers and they were all perfect straight.

JohnnyB

WKR
This year, Slick Trick standard 100 grain. Same as last year and the year before.

I was with my buddy last Monday when he dropped a black bear with a Rocket 100 grain fixed blade. 10 yards and it was over. Passed through and stuck in the dirt.

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
Got some Shuttle T's from camofire a while back and 3 out of 6 are not straight. They come with 2 washers and not sure if I should use both or just one of them. They seem to be different materials too. My older ones are straighter than the new ones. Viper trick 125's for the other bow. Tested my old magnus stingers and they were all perfect straight.
The new Shuttle Ts are made overseas I believe. They changed after Dan sold them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk