Broadhead choice for this year

Here in the West, where shots can run long, sometimes, our Family has used, the Wacem's, G5 Strikers ( my personal fave) , Shuttle T's, Slick Trick "standards" and VPA vented, all in the 100 grain weight, with 13-15% FOC . ALL group well out to 70 Yards from 3 different Bows and shoot close, to exactly like, FP's ! Only FIXED heads, are allowed for Big Game, in Idaho !

bawana

FNG
Slick Trick Mags for my eastern hunting and either them or 150 gr magnus stingers for my western (elk) hunting.

BDT60x

FNG
I have used spitfire maxx in the past with very good luck. For fixed blades the wasp drone are by far the most accurate and quietest flying head i have shot. Just recently ordered some ozcut hurricane heads. Excited to get them and start doing some testing.

raptor16

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody have opinions on dirt nap heads? Thinking about trying some of those out.

Last edited:
I’ve noticed nobody is using or used the wasp drone fixed blade. I’ve been shooting them and have been getting great results down range. Hopefully I can put them threw a animal this year. I’m shooting the axis match grade with a wrap on the back with a four fletch max stealth. 50g brass with a 100g wasp total arrow weight is 498g.

OP
ontarget7

ontarget7

WKR
I’ve noticed nobody is using or used the wasp drone fixed blade. I’ve been shooting them and have been getting great results down range. Hopefully I can put them threw a animal this year. I’m shooting the axis match grade with a wrap on the back with a four fletch max stealth. 50g brass with a 100g wasp total arrow weight is 498g.

Excellent head and one of my favorites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elkeatr

FNG
I’ve been mostly a fixed blade guy for years but thinking about just sticking with mechanicals. Not for the reason that is most common that you can’t get fixed to fly like fieldpoints. Really have no issues in that area. I’m more liking them for accuracy under breezy/windy conditions when comparing to fixed. With many mechanicals on the market and most having longer ferrules, which I don’t really care for. My search has narrowed it down to these.

f7902f6c738424b0acfed02605f2e396.jpg

84ec45f2e32f8bb05683c5aa3773b2ff.jpg

They spin true from head to head and seem to open easily with very little loss in transfer of energy upon impact.

So, let’s hear your pick for this year and the reasons why ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slick trick 100gr but thinking about trying the shuttle t’s

cs68

FNG
I've had great results with G5 T3 heads, but the spider clips can be a little bit annoying when you first start monkeying with them. A hunting buddy, is really loving the muzzy hybrids.

kickemall

WKR
Used Muzzy Trocars for a long time with no problems. Switched to Wac'ems with the same results. Been trying Slick Trick Viper tricks and getting more accuracy and are working even better on test subjects (hogs) so they're my go to now. On the off chance I use a mechanical its a Schwacker.

I've really enjoyed the magnus black hornets. I made the switch from wac ems and really like the quality machining and how well they stack with my field points

b-Rant

FNG
I've really enjoyed the magnus black hornets. I made the switch from wac ems and really like the quality machining and how well they stack with my field points
I picked up a pack as well and like the way they fly, I find they have a slight “hiss”, do yours? Maybe it’s just my bow setup.

ELKOHUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
I cleaned out camofire last year when they had tt terminal T's. Wish they still made them.

vitalzone

FNG
Solid Broadheads, extremely expensive but extremely awesome.
Lifetime warranty, made out of the best stainless material fir cutting edge and toughness.
Fly's like field points, bone is not a concern with the solids