Broadhead flight issues -- weird stuff

Zac

WKR
Tradlab/the push have a podcast on this topic. Interesting find was that broadheads that spin true have very little effect on arrow flight.....and fetching size and configuration play a major role in arrow flight.
Which episode is this?

I have been surprised how well some broadheads have shot that have a wobble. On the other hand an arrow that isn't straight can really effect the groups.

I can see having a little wobbly broadhead on a straight shaft you might be able to get away with, but wobbly shafts with a broadhead on the front can really open your groups up. They shoot just fine without a broadhead tho.

Have you tried with standard nocks instead of the lighted nock? I am having a POI issue with Nockturnals. Trying to figure out if its a string pinch issue or what. No problem shooting broadheads out to 60 plus with standard GT nocks.

Zac

WKR
Have you tried with standard nocks instead of the lighted nock? I am having a POI issue with Nockturnals. Trying to figure out if its a string pinch issue or what. No problem shooting broadheads out to 60 plus with standard GT nocks.
Nocturnals are a much thicker nock, you are most likely getting pinch. If you don't have nock sets tied in you can just twist your loop a little for the fitment.

Wrench

WKR
Nocturnals are a much thicker nock, you are most likely getting pinch. If you don't have nock sets tied in you can just twist your loop a little for the fitment.
That is also covered in the above podcast.....IIRC

Lawnboi

WKR
Start with the arrows before messing with the bow.

-Spin them with broadheads making sure there is no wobble.

-If you have someone around with a spine tester to index your arrows, it can also make a big difference in weeding out and tuning individual arrows.

- An appropriate vane with some helical helps.

If that’s all well then start messing with your bow. Fixing arrows is easy, you don’t want to be chasing your tail with bow adjustments when it could be something easy with your arrows.

AkRyan

WKR
Put on the correct mods first things first. What spine arrows are you shooting? Are the heads dropping left or right?

I have 1 arrow out of 10 that will not shoot a muzzy 4-blade worth a shit.

Personally, I never trust an arrow to be fired at a deer without shooting it one time to make sure it hits the correct point of impact. I shoot EVERY single arrow in my quiver 1 time into a foam target before I hunt with it for this very reason. It doesnt dull the blades enough to make a difference but it does prove to me that I'm good to go.

Marble

WKR
If it were me I would number my arrows to see what arrows are not doing well and if there is a pattern.

Ensure there is no vane to bow contact.

Spin arrows with broadheads. I haven't found this to be the problem solver but you can find broadheads that are causing issues .

Shoot fieldpoint through paper.

Shoot broadhead and field point with someone filming in slow motion.

Most likely your bow needs slight tuning g adjustments. I don't think the mathews yoke tune, but that's what I may do if it were mine.

Sometimes a slight rest adjustment is needed.

Just remember one thing with archery, and it is true. "One thing changes everything." The fieldpoints are very forgiving when you shoot them. Very slight needed tuning adjustments are highly magnified when shooting broadheads. There is no one size fits all answer and sometimes you have to experiment.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk