Broadhead help!?

SMOKYMTN

WKR
Recently I bought a new bow and decided to bump up to 150gr broadheads shooting full length arrows. With field points, I’ve sighted in out to 50, walk back tuned and paper tuned, and ultimately have it shooting very well in that regard. It’s driving nails between 10-50yds with great grouping. However, during broadhead tuning, I recently decided to try Magnus Stinger 150gr and I can’t get 2 consistent shots in a row at any distance! I’ve read that some setups simply have a hard time with 2 blade broadheads. I came from 4 blade Slick Trick and they shot beautifully. I’m thinking of switching back but wanted to get some input before I do.

Anyone else having 2 blade issues?

How big are your other 150 grain heads? I suspect you aren't fully broadhead tuned. I haven't had any issues with Magnus Stinger's but I have only used 125 heads. A larger surface area is going to be more sensitive, also check that they spin true.

If the Magnus are the only heads you have tried make sure your not getting any contact issues. Your broadheads should group in an area even when out of tune, erratic contact could cause erratic impacts.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Are you positive the stingers are both spinning true? Are you shooting the same arrow and bh or 2 different ones? Stingers have always been very forgiving.

OR Archer

WKR
I’ve had the best success with the Magnus with a 12/6 orientation. They really need to spin perfect as well.

Recently I bought a new bow and decided to bump up to 150gr broadheads shooting full length arrows. With field points, I’ve sighted in out to 50, walk back tuned and paper tuned, and ultimately have it shooting very well in that regard. It’s driving nails between 10-50yds with great grouping. However, during broadhead tuning, I recently decided to try Magnus Stinger 150gr and I can’t get 2 consistent shots in a row at any distance! I’ve read that some setups simply have a hard time with 2 blade broadheads. I came from 4 blade Slick Trick and they shot beautifully. I’m thinking of switching back but wanted to get some input before I do.

Anyone else having 2 blade issues?
You should try nock tuning your arrows for those broadheads and see if that works. Simply rotate the nock to different positions and see how the arrow reacts, this could easily solve your issue.

Zac

WKR
I bet you are underspined. You said you "bumped up," to 150 grains. I'm guessing the Slick Tricks tha were flying so well were 100s, or 125s. 150 on the end of a full length shaft is going to be very difficult to spine correctly. What are your specs? Unless you have an insane draw length you should be able to cut that arrow down considerably.

Clovis

Lil-Rokslider
I had a similar, but not identical, issue. I can't explain why, but I put a more substantial stabilizer (B-Stinger) on my bow and it brought my Magnus 2 blade heads right on with my field points and has worked great for about 8 years since then after having been a real bear to tune.