Broadhead penetration test...

stonewall

WKR
Well, as any normal person is wont to do, I did a bit of a penetration test on my setup first thing this morning...

I'm shooting a Mathews Chill R at 70#, 30" draw.
515 grain BEA spartan with about 200 gr up front
QAD Exodus Full blade (100 grain)

The Test:
I bought a house a couple years ago...
the garage wall is 1/2" drywall, r13 batt insulation, OSB plywood, Tyvek house wrap, brick

The arrow penetrated the drywall, insulation, OSB, and Tyvek just fine, but stopped at the brick...

and no, I'm not serious...
I shoot in my house often: Dining room, hall, through garage. this was my first real mishap

IMG_2562.jpgIMG_2563.jpgIMG_2564.jpg

OP
stonewall

stonewall

WKR
i should add...

what's crazy is when this happened the nock and bushing hit my foot. at first I thought it somehow came off the back of the arrow at the shot, but as i think about it, the arrow must have hit the wall with such force that the nock and bushing came flying straight back.

I was shooting at 13 yards. the nock/bushing hit my foot with enough force that it actually drew (minor) blood

for the record, i just got lazy on the hinge and sent the arrow before i even got to anchor. I'm not actually THAT bad of a shot. haha

madkaw284

Lil-Rokslider
So that’s why they call you Stonewall! Happens to the best of us. I know I’ve done my share

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Sheetrock repair is a skill every man should know.......grin

And vanity mirror replacement in your master bathroom as well......$107 for a big rectangle of mirror. I'm just glad I was shooting my 60lb bow at the time and not the 75lb. That arrow would have gone through both outer walls of our bedroom instead of just the one. A fletching tried to come off mid flight with a very loud fluttering, and the arrow hit 5" higher than it should have.

Reminds me of when I walked into my uncles garage and looked past all his bows hanging around and saw a fridge with a hole in it, with a smirk I asked did you shoot a hole in your fridge? He replied, kind of.... but it wasn't my fridge when I shot it... it was the neighbors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
My garage refridge has stickers on it as well. It looked stupid with just one sticker to cover the hole of a fieldpoint that passed through the bag into the refridge. So now it has a bunch.