Broadhead recommendation

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
I know another broadhead recommendation thread. What I'm looking for is a recommendation of 2 blade with bleeders. As much as I would love to order a set of iron wills it's just not doable this year and especially since I'll only be hunting whitetail for 2019. I've looked at the wicked tricks online and some wasp sharpshooters in the local archery shop and thought before I pulled the trigger on something to try I would get an opinion from some people here. I normally shoot rage but the last couple years a buddy of mine has lost 2 deer to them (we assume they didnt open because there was no blood trail really to speak of). I have also had some QAD exodus and slick trick last year that flew great but wanted to give a 2 blade a shot. Any help would be appreciated and sorry for the long post.

Huntin wv

Lil-Rokslider
The wicked tricks are good. Might take a look at the Magnus stingers, killer bees, and black hornets also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got some magnus black hornets and can't wait to try them out. They are pretty sharp factory but I can't leave good enough alone so I put them in my lansky sharpener and now they're scary sharp. Very easy to sharpen with a jig

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TreyPound

FNG
You will get a different answer for every post to this thread. Personally I have yet to find a reason to take on the potential risks of a mechanical. So, from my experience of hunting NA and South Africa, and 13 head of game on the ground this year alone, all pass thru's, I can highly recommend any of the 3 blade VPA's. I've used the 125gr-175gr all non vented. They fly perfectly silent and hit where they are aimed when the bow is tuned.

Attached is a list I compiled while shopping around for a 2 blade head last summer. I ended up choosing 150gr Cutthroats, mainly due to price ($18.65/ea), and have been pleased. After paper tuning, I got them to group with field points out to 75yds and killed a cow elk at 40yds last fall. Forgoing the bleeder blades will open up some cheaper 2 blade options like Cutthroats.

Attachments

• Broadhead Comparison.pdf
    71.9 KB · Views: 38

Brandon_SPC

Lil-Rokslider
Wicked Trick
Viper Trick
Magnus Black Hornet
Steel Force Phathead ( These have the thickest blades out of all of them which probably could retain an edge better)

Nerhunter

FNG
Viper trick= always scary sharp with replaceable blades, fly great to 100 yds, penetration as good as any head on the market= ez choice

50 lb bow w/26” draw989C5954-0CCC-446D-B19A-52D4D3AF2C60.jpeg-blew thru buck that dressed out at 200lbs

I’ve used magnum slick tricks the passed few years and they have been killer on deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
If you don't want to put money into Iron Will's this year, I have seen some elk taken down really quickly with the Slick Trick Viper. $40 for 4

OP
Whitetaildown215

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
I appreciate all the feedback, still trying to decide but the good news is I still have a few months before I really start hunting.

Vandal 44

WKR
Went out today to test the following broadheads

Valkyrie Blood Eagle 175 gr
RAD Tri-Con 125 gr
Iron-Will vented 125 gr
VPA Solid 125 gr
Kudu 125 gr
Bone 125 gr

I made some minor tuning adjustments to the Realm X and headed to the property. The longest shots today was 50 yards. I really wanted the Valkyrie Blood Eagles 175 gr to fly with field points however, its was tied for worst out the six I shot today the other was the Kudu. The RAD Tri-Con 125 gr, VPA Solid 125 gr, Iron-Will 125 gr and the Bone 125 gr flew great (right with field points) If I where to choose one of these four at this time it would be the VPA just because ease of sharpening, solid one piece construction, and out of the package really sharp. I would not hesitate to take the VPA, Iron-Will, RAD or the Bone on a back country hunt

I did not and will not do a destruction test with any of these broadheads to many posts and videos of people doing that now. My hats off to the folks that do the destruction test it gets expensive

There is one more broadhead that I am waiting on its called "ANNIHILATOR" the company is based out of Boise, ID. I was working down there this week and got to talking to a guy about bow hunting and broadheads. He asked if I heard of ANNIHILATOR, I said nope. He showed me their website and the videos. I gave him $50 and some cash to ship me a pack of 125 gr heads. These should arrive sometime next week. I will keep you posted

Attachments

• Broadheads .jpg
    Broadheads .jpg
    555.8 KB · Views: 80
  • BH.JPG
    BH.JPG
    303.3 KB · Views: 76

Ears

FNG
Shot these all over the world last year. Loved them. The expandables are available in a few diameters.

Grim Reaper Hybrid/Micro Hybrid

mylsuhat

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered Wasp Sharpshooter to try out and I am very impressed. They fly exactly like my field points. I was shooting Magnus Stinger last season, they are sharp as hell but I like that the Sharpshooter is half the length of the Stinger

Elkhntr08

WKR
Magnus Stingers, ViperTricks and Iron Will, used them all with great results. Magnus has the best warranty and CS out there. ViperTricks are a great replacement blade head. Iron Wills are living up to the hype, practice head has been shot in a Block Vault 100+ times and I think it’d still cut ya.
Pick any quantity head, tune your bow and you won’t be wrong.

Vandal 44

WKR
I have been shooting several different BH and I am going with the Radical Archery Design Tri-Con 125 ( I have taken a few elk and whitetail with this BH), Bone 125 and the Annihilator 125. These three heads fly the closest to my field points with out any adjustment out to 60 yards (not exactly with field points but close)

I will be hunting Elk, Deer and Bear in Washington and Idaho 6 tags to fill

Attachments

• BH Test .jpg
    BH Test .jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 42