Broadhead Target?

Okie_3

FNG
I use a Rinehart 18:1 and it’s held up pretty well. It’s been shot with a lot of Broadheads. The block targets or any layered target for that matter sucks. I just ordered some of the archerytarget.com hunter targets, hopefully they work ok. I’ve been pretty happy with the Rinehart though, I keep mine indoors and only take it out to shoot and put it away.
This. And I got it 1/2 off on camofire. I don't just absolutely beat up my broadhead targets though. But it has held up very well, especially for the money.

Zac

WKR
I use the Matrix, still easy to chew it up quickly with broadheads. Haven't done it yet but you can purchase the cells and replace them, so technically you should never have to buy another whole target. Worst thing for targets is a single bevel. I destroyed a Block in one session with 125 grain Kudus. Pulled out giant chunks of foam with every shot.

Don’t know if any of you have had this issue... I have a rinehart rhinoblock, and use it to shoot fixed blade broadheads. I really like this target, but I had a broadhead get lodged into the plastic insert retainer tube. Must have hit the tube just right, as I couldn’t get the arrow back out or push it through and can’t get tube out. I had to unscrew the broadhead and leave it in there. Now I don’t want to shoot other broadheads at it cause I don’t want to hit the one that’s left in there.

I use the cheapest sportsman's Warehouse Target and reseal the wounds with expanding foam every so often. Density is a little higher now but always have a fresh Target

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I shoot broadheads daily and use a Rinehart block, Matrix, and Blob targets. They all do a good job of stopping broadheads. If you don't care about cost, the Matrix is probably the nicest followed by the Rinehart in my opinion. The Blob target is ugly and pretty hard to pull field points from, but I shoot it the most because it can sure take a lot of broadhead shots for $120 and not wear out.

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I should add that layered foam targets are pretty worthless when shooting very sharp cut on contact broadheads with good edge retention. We've had quite a few customers learn the hard way by shooting through them on the first shot.

stonewall

WKR
if you go through a target a year...rinehart 18-1. shoot it up and get a warranty replacement (one year warranty). i tried and failed to shoot my first one up within a year, but I likely don't test as many broadheads. you could buy a blemished one cheaper...pretty sure they still warranty that

BigWoods

WKR
Another nod to the 365. I've had the 24" since February of last year. The core is pretty well shot out, but they're $50 to replace.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Matrix is without a doubt the best broad head target I have shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rsmiley

FNG
Anybody shot cutthroats in these targets? I feel they are harder on targets than most broadheads.

Trial153

WKR
I shoot broadheads daily and use a Rinehart block, Matrix, and Blob targets. They all do a good job of stopping broadheads. If you don't care about cost, the Matrix is probably the nicest followed by the Rinehart in my opinion. The Blob target is ugly and pretty hard to pull field points from, but I shoot it the most because it can sure take a lot of broadhead shots for $120 and not wear out.
Coming from someone that has all three, this is spot on.

For those of you with a blob - how hard is it to pull the arrows out when shooting broadheads? I've heard that the field points are miserable to pull (as mentioned above as well)...

Trial153

WKR
For those of you with a blob - how hard is it to pull the arrows out when shooting broadheads? I've heard that the field points are miserable to pull (as mentioned above as well)...

Wear jock support till you shoot it in and loosen it up a bit. ....

ncavi8tor

WKR
Broadheads are not too bad especially after it gets broken in. Field points are a different story, but can be done with a arrow puller and some muscle! It's just not designed for anything except broadheads!

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

fwafwow

WKR
+1 for the Matrix. Saw a video online where a guy shot over a boatload into the center and it was still good to go - as you can turn it around first before you have to swap out a cell (or whatever it's called)

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
asdew04