Broadhead tuning.

Ive recently been reading the Ashby research and once my new bow arrives I will be front loading a heavy arrow. I do wish, for hunting purposes, that I could use a shorter arrow for better penetration. Do you shoot off a flipper rest of some sort?

OP
bisblue

bisblue

WKR
Ive recently been reading the Ashby research and once my new bow arrives I will be front loading a heavy arrow. I do wish, for hunting purposes, that I could use a shorter arrow for better penetration. Do you shoot off a flipper rest of some sort?
I've used a flipper rest on an ILF bow with super recurve limbs.

This is off the shelf

If you use the focos system from black eagle
You can align heads with vanes. Not sure if that system is any good. I have been using hot melt on carbon arrows and 100 gn brass inserts and have not had any trouble.

OP
bisblue

bisblue

WKR
If you use the focos system from black eagle
You can align heads with vanes. Not sure if that system is any good. I have been using hot melt on carbon arrows and 100 gn brass inserts and have not had any trouble.
Not I tried those but they had lots of parts, got a bit too complex for me

Last edited:

Wrench

WKR
If you're reading the target entry angle that can give you a hard time. Typically a nock low broadhead flies like poo. I'd be interested if it groups close at 30,40,50.

For timing, set the head in the insert and index the insert.....then spin to verify each one.

OP
bisblue

bisblue

WKR
If you're reading the target entry angle that can give you a hard time. Typically a nock low broadhead flies like poo. I'd be interested if it groups close at 30,40,50.

For timing, set the head in the insert and index the insert.....then spin to verify each one.
That requires the ability to shoot good groups at 40 and 50😂😂😂

Patriot2

Lil-Rokslider
Always move the bare shaft or broadhead to the fletched field point. Always get the up/down corrected before addressing right/left. So I'd start with dropping the rest or raising the nock point. The bare shaft is the truer indication of bow tune because there are no fletchings to "correct" arrow flight post launch.