Broadhead weight... Not type or brand

PhillyB

WKR
As a follow up to my finished arrow weight question and some heavy arrows 500g+...

What weight head is everyone shooting?

(Not interested in brands or which flies the best)

I shoot a 125 g

JasonWi

WKR
100 grain this year. 125 for the previous 3 seasons.

Im trying to pick up some speed since I had to drop bow weight..thats the reason for the switch.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
100's with 50 grain brass in my Axis arrows, 125's with stock 20 gr. insert in my Injexions. I like about 150 grains up front. Seems to be a sweet spot for accuracy there on my hunting setups.

Coop

vcb

WKR
Sweet... Good info Coop. I was toying with putting a weight insert in my injextions

vcb

WKR
The only issue for me since I have. 29" draw is if I shoot a 125 gr head with injextions it makes my spine a little iffy on the flexible side

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The only issue for me since I have. 29" draw is if I shoot a 125 gr head with injextions it makes my spine a little iffy on the flexible side

Roger - that... gotta obey the spine rules first and foremost. A guy at G5 told me about a new Penetrator2 outsert from VAP yesterday that goes inside and outside the arrow (over the shaft) to allow using standard threads with the Injexion. Gonna take a look. I'm sure it will be a lot heavier than the standard Injexion insert. I didn't like the original VAP insert/outsert - they were often wobbly, and the aluminum ferrule inside the shaft only was too weak IMO. That may be a good/new option for more FOC with Injexions and allows use of any standard broadhead. The drawback is you have to have a pretty big overhang on the shaft because you wouldn't want the tapered outsert in contact with the rest. There is only a small section that covers the end of the shaft, but it should help protect the Injexion shaft and reduce the likelihood of the insert shearing off at the ferrule like I saw with the original. They also bumped the weight up to an even 50 grains which makes them ideal for use with a 100 grain broadhead.

Coop

Last edited:

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Update... Best I can tell the new VAP Penetrator2 insert/outsert will not be available until near the end of April (Lancaster Archery has shown a date April 27 for availability to order).

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Update #2 - According to Victory the Injexion is too large OD to use with them????
Update #3: I'm calling Bull Schlitz on VAP - just measured my A/C .330 and it's .003" smaller diameter than their .250 and .003" larger than their .300 so I see no reason the Yellow Penetrator-2 insert/outsert from VAP would not work on an A/C .330.

Can somebody measure other Injexion sizes, carbon and A/C and we'll decide what fits and what doesn't!

Coop