Broadheads and Success!!

There was a thread earlier where it asked what broadheads everybody was using this year, and it was awesome to see what everyone was shooting. Well now that most hunting seasons are over, I figured it would be cool to see how all of these heads performed in the field and what your setups were.

Tell us what Draw Weight, Draw Length, Arrow Weight, and Broadhead you shot this year and what animals you successfully took with it and if any animals were lost. How did the head perform?, it worked great, expected better? let us know and show us pictures!!

I'll Start
I shot a 28.5" DL and 71lbs. Arrow weight was 415 grains with a QAD Exodus. I am a whitetail guy and successfully took a Whitetail Buck with this setup. Got a complete pass through on a quartering to shot. The head performed awesome and looks brand new even though it went through a deer and stuck in the ground behind it. Tons of blood on the ground and deer didn't go 50 yards. I will be shooting the Exodus next
year to.

Bow Buck.jpg

bhowren

Lil-Rokslider
540 grain arrow (Total) with a Kudu Contour 125 grain point. Killed my spike bull. Bull only ran @ 40 yards on a 40 yard severely quartering away shot. Arrow went in just in front of the back ham and came out at the front shoulder. Not a ton of blood, because the arrow was plugging both holes, but the damage inside was intense. I was very happy with the result.

30" draw, 70lbs, 29" arrow, 652grn total weight, 200gn Cutthroats. 1 Whitetail buck through the base of the neck, 21yds. Pass through and into the dirt. Zero damage to head....was hunting sharp after about 10 minutes in KME on 2000 and then strop. Also a doe at 25yds, through both scapula and then into the dirt. Broadhead had a slight bit of roll on one of the blades. Took about 20 min on that head to get back to hunting sharp. Started at 800 up to 2000 then the strop. Pleased with the results

brimow

Lil-Rokslider
29" draw, 68lbs, 28.5" Axis 300, 500ish grn total arrow weight. Magnus Black Hornet 125. 40 yard shot quartered away. Entered back behind ribs and exited out offside armpit and skipped off of a log behind bull. Bull offered 2nd shot which I "missed" low but arrow broke the offside lower front leg completely in half. Both heads were in excellent shape after. Bull died about 100 yards from first shot.

4rcgoat

WKR
Halon 32 70 @28.5. 485 total weight with exodus heads,been running them for about 7 years with zero issues.
Black Friday special from last season from the stand on public land.

Attachments

• 20211126_085136.jpg
    20211126_085136.jpg
    429.6 KB · Views: 31

Elkhntr08

WKR
29” draw, 70#. FMJ 340 @ 27.5”.
VPA V100 head, 1 head=4 deer and 1 hog.
Shoot, sharpen, shoot again.

LONE HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
29 inch draw, 70 lbs, 460ish grain Easton axis 300 spine, with standard aluminum insert, Grim Reaper Razor Tip 1 3/8 mechanical. Shot a Mule deer buck broadside at 50 yards. Arrow hit the crease of the shoulder mid height of the chest cavity. Complete pass through and buried in the dirt on the opposite side. Watched him drop within 30 yards. Broadhead experienced zero damage and still spins true.

Millwood21

Lil-Rokslider
30.5” draw 70# 515 grain total arrow weight. 100 grain QAD Exodus 100 grain ethics insert 260 spine easton hexx. Recently just switched to 250 RIP TKO to try for next season.
D2DB76FB-2257-4580-94EC-E99D52F404B5.jpeg

Dennis

WKR
65 lbs draw weight at 29.5" draw length
625 grain arrow (Sirius Orion 250 spine with Ethics post and collar) with 200 grain Grizzly Stik Maasai broadhead and 23% FOC
Bull elk shot at 8 yards walking quickly quartering towards me. Hit was behind shoulder and exit was out off side hip into the ground. Complete pass through and broadhead was still sharp and spun true. Only required touch up with leather strop.

My observation was the bull didn't seem to know he was hit even at such close range. He jumped at shot, but then slowed to a walk within about 20 yards. Walked away to about 50 yards and stood there until he fell over. No blood trail noticed as bull died in sight.

I believe this is the sharpest broadhead I have ever used a was happy with the results.

Congratulations to all and thanks for sharing,

Attachments

• IMG_0613.jpg
    IMG_0613.jpg
    781.3 KB · Views: 26
OP
Dylan Sluis
65 lbs draw weight at 29.5" draw length
625 grain arrow (Sirius Orion 250 spine with Ethics post and collar) with 200 grain Grizzly Stik Maasai broadhead and 23% FOC
Bull elk shot at 8 yards walking quickly quartering towards me. Hit was behind shoulder and exit was out off side hip into the ground. Complete pass through and broadhead was still sharp and spun true. Only required touch up with leather strop.

My observation was the bull didn't seem to know he was hit even at such close range. He jumped at shot, but then slowed to a walk within about 20 yards. Walked away to about 50 yards and stood there until he fell over. No blood trail noticed as bull died in sight.

I believe this is the sharpest broadhead I have ever used a was happy with the results.

Congratulations to all and thanks for sharing,
Awesome bull man!! It is my dream to go out west and shoot a bull with my bow. Someday!!