Broadheads for speed

J-Daddy

Best flying fixed blade heads I've shot at high speed "340+" were Shuttle T-Locks...They shot with field tips all the way out to 100yds for me at that speed.

OP
B

barmar65

I ordered some wacems and am going to pick up some slick trick standards and some shuttle T-locks, hopefully they will fly better. I am using a qad rest with maxima hunter 350s with 3 inch fusion vanes. Should I possiblely go with longer vanes?

J-Daddy

What's your setup? 340+ is screaming

That was with a PSE X-Force a few years ago...If I remember right that bow shot like 343 or so when it was done with a 375gr arrow. I had an Omen Pro last year that was shooting about 350fps after we were done tweaking on it with a 365gr arrow.
I'm shooting a tamer rig now, around 300fps or so.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
I ordered some wacems and am going to pick up some slick trick standards and some shuttle T-locks, hopefully they will fly better. I am using a qad rest with maxima hunter 350s with 3 inch fusion vanes. Should I possiblely go with longer vanes?

Longer vanes are not needed for the Wac'em heads.

Aron Snyder

Rokslide Sponsor
What Jared said....

I'm shooting 2.25 vanes with Wacem Exit 125's and have no issue getting them to group.

I do shoot 4 fletch, but that isn't necessarily needed either.

OP
B

barmar65

I was considering 4 fletch, tried shooting the copperheads again today and its nothing but frustrating. 20 yards is fine , 30 is ok, but 40yards+ is all over the place. I am gonna get some slick tricks tomorrow. Should I stick with 100 grain or try 85 or 125s?

OP
B

barmar65

I bought some slick trick standards and shot them out to 50yds with my maximas with 4 inch vanes and the 3 inch fuseions. They flew beautifully and grouped very well with the 4 inch and not so bad but not great with the fusions. I guess i will get refletched with th 4 inch . Do blazers fly any better than 3 inch fusions?

OP
B

barmar65

Shot the tricks out to 70yds today and they flew just like my field tips. I turned the bow down a bit and refletched with a helical and 4 inch vanes and that made all the difference. I also shot the wac ems and they also flew perfectly.

bryan cauley

NAP Nitrons, Slick Trick Standards, G5 Strikers I have shot from 80-100 yrds with field tips at 310 to 315 fps. Also have killed some animals at distance with the Nitrons and the Slick Trick Standards. One thing I have noticed with the Slick Tricks, being a 4 bladed broadhead, is a crosswind seems to push them a bit more than the 3 bladed heads. Not much, but it was noticeable at 80+ yrds for me.