Broadheads help a guy out...

snuffnm

FNG
Big ol Snuffer.... not for everyone because they do take some work, but if you dont mind putting some time into a BH they are awesome.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
What is the best broadhead is one of the biggest debates in bowhunting........

Undoubtedly noted, the main factor is to be sure your bow is tuned precisely and many brands of broadheads will fly like field tips. I have had the best luck and consistency with Wac'em broadheads. I have no problem getting every one of their heads to fly great at yardages much farther than I will shoot at and animal of my choice; even the large Triton XL. Love em!

rodney482

WKR
I use the VPA 100Gr vented.. Several dead animals agree...they dont like them... lol

Schleppy

Lil-Rokslider
You cant go wrong with thunderheads. I've never killed anything except deer with them but they do a great job. I use a helical fletch with feather fletching rather than vanes, and I hit the same holes as my field points. I wouldnt use a straight fletch unless you really like to play around with bow tuning.

Andy Ivy

FNG
A good broadhead is important.
There are a lot of great time tested heads on the market but there is also a heap of heads that fail again and again and have potential design floors.

For the last few years iv been using VPA Terminators, in all weight ranges depending on what iv been hunting. From Rabbit to Buffalo and all in between they have never failed me.
Solid machined head with no moving parts, no welds, no screws, no joints, nothing to go wrong. And you can use them time and time again, so for me its the Go to Broadhead.

TONS of VPA guys on here. Can you believe up until August I hadn't seen them...an acquaintance in KS ( Matt Palmquist ) was telling me about them. Another head that I love shooting when my set-up is at or under 300 FPS is the Trophy Ridge Steelhead XLs. Took my doe in KS this year at 34 yards and she dropped at 44. Never ran just spun 180 degrees walked 10 yards, twitched her tail and down. My buddy was 200 yards south of me and he heard it hit her :)